Ten / A Sudden Desire

Act Two, Chapter Ten

1.2k words

"I wanted her to kiss me how
With open mouth and open mouth
We keep our distance now
I wanna feel her hands go down
I try not to think about
What happened last night outside his house
Too far to go back now
Just wanna feel her hands go down"
– Sudden Desire, Hayley Williams (pronouns adjusted)

Mikah Albright is being ghosted by an uber-famous, international pop star. The same international pop star that told her she was straight with her full chest minutes before making out with her in a bathroom.

"You're being ghosted by the Taylor Swift?" Mikah's best friend, Lucy, exclaimed over FaceTime one day, then immediately followed up with: "Wait, she's gay?"

"I don't fucking know, dude," Mikah groans, "She looked me in the fucking eyes and told me she was straight."

"And then she kissed you?"

"Yes."

"I dunno, man, seems like she isn't straight," Lucy just shrugs, "Maybe you should ask?"

"Luce, she's ghosting me, and she's not really responding to Jack right now, either," Mikah says, slightly exasperated, "I'm actually kind of worried, she didn't seem like she was in a great place when I was talking to her,"

"Maybe you finally pushed her over the edge!" She hears her brother yell from the other room,

"FUCK YOU!" Mikah yells in response, "I swear, I'm one more sarcastic comment away from throwing his ass back with our dad."

Not too long after that interaction, Mikah was scheduled to meet with Jack. She hasn't really seen him since the party so it'll be good to catch up, and also a good excuse to ask about Taylor.

"Have you heard from her at all?" Mikah asks tentatively,

Jack just sighs, "Not really, she's sent me some stuff here and there, but she's clearly not herself. Like, less herself than she was before."

"I can't help but feel like I caused this,"

"Yeah, whatever happened between you two probably has something to do with it," Jack shrugs, "But, she initiated it. Sometimes she just...shuts down."

"I just want to make sure she's okay," Mikah leans back, groaning, "Is there anything I can do?"

"I mean, if she's ghosting you probably not, but I probably could do something," Jack says, hesitating before continuing, "I don't want you to worry too much, though, this is no where near her lowest, and if it gets really bad I know what to do, okay?"

Mikah nods, "Sorry, I don't know why I'm so worried, I just-"

"I catch feelings for every girl I kiss, too, it's okay," Jack chuckles, watching as Mikah's face turns red, rubbing his arm when she smacks him,