Fourteen / Uh Oh, Oh No, Oh

Act Two, Chapter Fourteen

1.2k words

October Seventeenth, 2023

Uh, oh,

It's 2 AM. Taylor's watched her phone ring out twice, but she tries again, this time successfully.

She doesn't fully realize how late it is, so when Mikah grumbles out "Dude, it's the middle of the night." The only thing she can say is,

"Oh."

She's high. Like, very high, and Mikah can tell.

"How much did you smoke at Jack's?"

"Umm, I dunno. I think like two between both of us."

She hears Mikah chuckle, "You're gonna feel like shit, later, you know."

"Yeahhh, I knoww," Taylor sighs. "I miss you."

"You saw me, like, 2 days ago," She can't see her, but knows she's doing that stupid pout that kills her every time. "I miss you, too, though. We should just move in together at this point."

"But we're not even, like, together together, right?"

"Do you want to be?" They should probably have this conversation while Taylor's sober, but if there's one thing she's learned over the past month she's been hanging out with her, Taylor fully loses her filter when she's inebriated.

She hesitates for a moment, "I guess so, yeah."

"Me too, honestly."

Taylor swallows, "Can we have this conversation when I'm sober, please?"

"Yeah, yeah, totally," Mikah says, nodding, even though she can't see her. "I won't do anything you're not comfortable with, okay? If you wanna try being girlfriend/girlfriend and it doesn't feel right, that's okay. You have full lead."

"Okay. Thanks," Taylor whispers. "Good night."

"Night."

I'm falling in love.

***

October Twenty-First, 2023

Oh, no,

They had the conversation pretty much immediately after Taylor woke up and ridded herself of her headache, where they---for the most part---officially established themselves as girlfriends. And now she has to tell Tree.

She probably should've told her before now, but she's been dreading telling Tree about this since they started hanging out. It's not like she won't support her or anything, it's just the publicity and the politics and all that bullshit.