Nezu usually never felt wary- he always felt in control, but when he was asked to step into that house, hearing that one of the kids was missing and the other was beaten to hell- he definitely did now.

He kept his senses sharp as he lead Naomasa through the house- his increased hearing and smell being both a blessing and a curse in this rescue, as the irony smell that almost made heros gag was making him nauseous, and his ears picked up on the softest breathing he had ever heard along with softly dripping water and the sound of a drain collecting the water, the breathing irregular and oddly muffled sounding.

He was worried as he walked the hallways of this home, only 2 stories and a basement and yet it felt much too big.

Nezu followed his ears until he stopped in front of a door, at the back of the hallway in the basement, a singular door and yet the smell of blood from inside was making his head spin worse than the entire rest of the house was- and he could hear the soft sound of Naomasa trying to suppress gagging from behind him. He didn't want to open that door, but he needed to- so with a trembling paw he reached for the knob. He didn't know when he started trembling, but it was fitting for this.

With a twist and a small push the door swung open and Naomasa had to turn around to puke before he continued on- Nezu stopping in pure shock at what was behind this door.

What seemed like hundreds of broken beer bottles everywhere- the smell of blood, alcohol and hydrogen peroxide strong to the point where it was almost completely unbearable filled the noses of the detective and the chimera both, but what was worse was what they saw towards the corner of the room.

A little girl, beaten, muzzled with a muzzle meant for a mutt or a monster, and cut severely on her stomach, arms, back and legs in a bathtub with the water on in a soft drip, unconscious and layed in a position that indicated she had tried to escape at some point and had failed.

Her breathing was small- almost nonexistent- and her body was shaking heavily even in her unconsciousness. The muzzle on her face was secured so tightly into her skin that it dug in and cut her face- breaking open scars that already looked deep and horrifying, holding her mouth apart with a piece of sharp-looking wood. This truly wouldn't even be humane for a violent dog, definitely not for a child.

Nezu had seen what the other little one looked like- the deep bruises and burns on Noriko leaving him in shock and anger already- but not a single soul could've prepared him for the sight of an 8 year old more than halfway to deaths door in the bathtub of this home, abandoned like rotting garbage to potentially die there.

"Oh my god..." Nezu was not one for surprise- he had always said to expect the unexpected, but he could feel himself tearing up at the way this all looked and felt.. how could a human be blessed with such a cute doll of a child, two of them in fact, and leave them like this? It was horrid.

"G-go get Chiyo. Run. This kid isn't going to make it long-" Nezu choked out the words, but Naomasa was running before he even managed to say a thing- he was long grateful that Noriko had been taken outside for medical attention and not allowed to come on the search for her sister, as how do you explain the sight he had just seen to the eyes of a child? He barely understood how people could be so horrible himself.

Nezu cautiously made his way close- his mind having not a single thought for his night clothing as he climbed into the tub with the child and gently placed a paw on her neck.

Weak.

Her pulse was weak.

He could feel himself freaking out a bit- he had been so excited to meet the child who was a fan of him and have a cup of tea, and now he was just praying he would actually get to hear her take a normal breath, and to see her be comfortable, to not relive what his mind was trying to make him relive of his own life..

His paw was covered in blood, as was his clothing, but that didn't matter- no- he pulled Mizuki to his chest, sitting in the tub, turning off the water and gently running his paw through her hair- wincing at the way it was matted with blood.

"...I don't know if you'll make it through this little mouse, but if you do I swear I will bring your parents to a swift justice and I will give you this world... every little thing you've ever dreamed of I will put in the palm of your hands... just keep breathing... please..." He mumbled on repeat to her- unable to think much other than that he hoped she would live.