-11-

After they got to UA, they all headed to the staff dorms, Nezu's personal room for when he didnt feel like heading back to his mansion, every one of them having spare clothes there anyways since they were all friends and occasionally spent nights and holidays together aside from the girls.

The first thing on the list was baths for everyone and changing into new clothing to prevent infections and other problems. Nezu and Chiyo being covered in the most blood of the adults, and Rumi having quite a bit of ash on her.

But the kids..

Noriko's bath ran almost grey with sut. Rumi gently bathed the unconscious kid in a horrified silence, still unable to process everything that was happening. After the water began to run clear, Rumi pulled her out, redressed her wounds and placed one of her hoodies like a night dress over the child, once again cradling her without a single notion of stopping.

Shouta was entrusted with bathing Mizuki with Nezu's supervision and Chiyo there to help redress wounds immediately since neither of them were able to bathe the child themselves. Her bathwater ran a solid brownish crimson for quite a good while, and when it started running a little brighter she was removed and redressed. Even unconscious the poor girl was in enough pain that soft whimpers escaped her each time she was touched. They still couldn't get the muzzle off of her safely, having to resign to sending one of the police officers back to the house to do a full search for the key to unlock some of the components, they couldn't even loosen it.

The fact that the torture device was unable to be safely removed by any means yet was horrifying and it made everyone in that bathroom hiss in anger and pain for the little one.

As soon as she was carried back out to the main living area, Nezu went back to his protective hold on her without a moments hesitation, sitting on the couch and laying the girls head on his lap, petting through her hair with a soft, determined look on his face.

The minutes ticked by, as did the hours, eventually everyone had fallen asleep.

But as soon as the first of the girls woke up, Noriko waking up first, it seemed as if everyone awoke to check over her.

"Hi kit, you hungry? You okay? Are you in pain?" Rumi was the first to address the kid, looking over her like a worried mother would, which earned her a confused and blushing kid in response.

"M-Miruko? I-i- I would've thought t-that you would send us t-to a cell somewhere..?" Noriko mumbled, looking at the hero that saved her.

"Uhhh-" Rumi had to come up with some reason to keep the kid, knowing full well that she had honestly just been holding and keeping the kid because of some odd connection she felt to her, quickly using Nezu's excuse for bringing them to UA for this.

"Uhm- bla bla bla villains bla, parent dangerous, kids safe bla bla bla-" Rumi told it as if it was a joke, grinning when she earned herself a smile back. Noriko was so grateful.

"T-thank you-" Noriko mumbled, but suddenly a frantic look crossed her face.

"U-uhm- where's Zuki-? Where's my sister? Is she okay-? Did dad hurt her?" Noriko asked frantically and Shouta sighed from beside her and placed a hand on her head, the best form of comfort the man could really do.

"...Kid, your sister is hurt real bad right now, but she's alive and she will be fine. We will make sure of it. Just be nice to her for a while okay?" Shouta gestured for Rumi to move out of the kids way, which she did, so Noriko could see the bandaged Mizuki laying with Nezu. Nezu waved at Noriko softly.

"I promise I will take the best care of her I can." Nezu gave his word to Noriko without a second thought really.

Noriko seemed to have a bit of trouble looking at Mizuki in the state she was in, bandages covering the majority of her body and that damn muzzle still so tight to her face that every slight movement caused her to wince in her unconscious, and the peice of wood in her mouth stuck there until someone could find a way to get it off. No knife or pair of scissors they had was able to.

"...Zuki..." Noriko mumbled softly, unable to truly process it all.

"She'll be okay. The little listener is strong! Cmon, you need something to eat little one, come come, I'm sure Nezu has something good for a snack!" Hizashi quickly butted in and changed the subject, picking Noriko up and carrying her off to the kitchen, Rumi following behind him with a protective aura.

"...S-She'll be alright.." Nezu muttered to himself as he pet Mizuki's hair, praying the officer they had sent to search would return with the keys to some of the locks on this horrid muzzle to get it off of her.