𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆

"I cannot believe that bruja got me stuck in this rain."

I groaned to myself as the rain poured down on me relentlessly. Maybe coming outside was a bad idea. Then again most of what I did was a bad idea, so I could not complain about myself. Lydia predicted the weather according to how her hair was acting up—I should have trusted her while I was still dry and safe. "Stella!"

"What the fuck?" I mumbled as I turned around, moving the wet strands of my hair out of my face. Alex came running with an umbrella in his hand and sighed in relief as he saw me. "You're gonna get sick."

"Yeah," I agreed as he shrugged off his jacket and put it around me, "But, what are you doing here?"

"Oh...you forgot your inhaler."

"I don't medically need an inhaler anymore, so I threw mine away," I raised my eyebrows and Alex tried to come up with an explanation for his arrival. "Well, I brought an inhaler."

"Are you trying to hijack my date?" I rolled my eyes as I thought about our fight not that long ago. Alex cast his eyes down guiltily. "No—yeah."

"Why are you doing this, Alex?" I asked hopelessly, walking to an abandoned and empty bus stop. Alex eagerly followed me as I sat down on one of the seats. "I don't really think you'd enjoy yourself on this date."

"You mean the one that I'm clearly gonna have to cancel on? I thought I was going to have a wonderful time, why do you think otherwise?"

"Because you don't like dating."

I scoffed. "I can like dating."

"But you don't," Alex reminded, "What is the point of torturing yourself to find a guy who you're probably gonna leave in the end because ultimately, you think relationships are too much—"

"Because I like you, you asshole, and I can't ruin everything we've built over the past five years because of me!"

"What?" Alex whispered as he lost his grip on his umbrella. My mouth dropped open as I incessantly shook my head, hoping and praying that I did not just make the biggest mistake known to any girl ever. I jumped out of my seat and ran out to the sidewalk, drenching myself yet again with better things to care about. "What did I do?"

Alex caught up to me and grabbed my arm, effectively pulling me back to face him. My heart started beating like crazy like I had freaking arrhythmia or something. Alex looked at me for a second, his gaze shifting between my eyes and my lips. He leaned in and crashed his lips on mine.

My heart stopped.

I thought I was on the Truman Show the way that escalated. I thought my whole life was a lie—basically thought everything but the fact that he liked me too. I melted into the kiss as his hands hugged my waist. I pulled away quickly. "Stop, kissing in the rain is such a cliche."

"You are impossible."

"Oh, my God. What just happened?" I asked after I snapped out of whatever daze I was stuck in. Alex grabbed my shoulders to comfort me. "Chill, Stel. Stop worrying about torturing yourself, and I'm telling you to never do that ever again. You mean the world to me, Stel. I honestly cannot function without you, and keeping my feelings a secret from you wasn't doing either of us a favor. I like you, so much more than you could ever imagine."

"I like you too," I repeated with the biggest smile before gasping, "Oh, my God I like you too."

"Yeah, I heard you the first time and the second—you say oh, my God a lot."

"Oh, my God, shut up," I groaned as I pulled him into another kiss. Alex laughed as he reciprocated, hands running through my wet hair as he kissed me slowly. He leaned his forehead against mine quietly, humming as we smiled. "Hi, girlfriend."

"Who says I'm your girlfriend?"