𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔

"It's so nice that Mattheo got flowers for Pen."

"My hands are blessing your hair. Be grateful," Alex laughed as he poked my head. I smiled, scrolling through my Finsta as he brushed my hair gently. Dating Alex was the craziest thing ever—he was already my best friend and now he was all that plus we made out a bit. He knew everything about me and it was mind-blowing. Maybe I had been clueless about how much I told Alex and exactly how much of that he remembered. "Yes, your blessed hands are much better than flowers."

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you any, though." Alex scratched his neck guiltily. I turned around to see a sad smile on his face. "Don't apologize—being here with you is better than something I'm gonna forget putting in water and kill."

"You know I'm the one who foresaw your significantly depressing power of murdering everything part of nature?"

"You better hope you're not part of nature yourself because I wanna kill you right now." I smiled as I leaned into his lips. I could spend hours hypnotized by the mellow sound of his voice. "I didn't get you flowers, but..."

Alex grinned as he walked up to his desk. He pulled the top drawer open and grabbed something inside it. "I swear to Jesus if it's another Mario Kart keychain—"

"That is so your birthday gift—thanks for reminding me, but this was a more conflicting purchase." Alex shrugged as he opened the thing in his hand—a box. A box that had the most beautiful necklace I'd ever seen in my entire life in it. "You did not..."

"Check it out," Alex held the necklace across my neck as he clasped it, "It's a star because you're my star, and it's the Aries constellation because that's—"

"My favorite constellation," I completed with a whisper, "You remembered?"

"Of course, I remembered. I remember everything about you, Stel." Alex smiled. I wanted to cry because he was the boyfriend I'd wished for, but never had the courage to ask for. "I don't have anything for you. Oh, my God, I am such a horrible person."

"You've been with me for five years, Stel. You've done so much more for me than I could ever imagine. You have no right to call yourself horrible at all. This is me telling you that I hope I can live up to being the guy you deserve."

"You make it so hard for me to hate you." I smiled as I tiptoed up to his lips. He was the most amazing boy I'd ever known. "Hey, you can't insult me now."

"Then however will I show you my love?"

"For starters you can kiss me longer than two seconds," Alex suggested. I pretended to think for a while as Alex rolled his eyes. "What? I'm still think—"

Alex pushed his lips onto mine, catching me by expected surprise. I felt my hands writhing through his soft brown hair, lost and intoxicated by how he made me feel. "Asi! I knew you were not joking when you said your girl, Papito!"

Alex and I jumped away from each other almost immediately. Somehow, amidst everything we'd forgotten to close the door. Near the now ajar door stops a very surprised Penelope, Elena, Syd, Schneider, and Dr. Berkowitz. "What the hell?"

"What THE hell?" Elena repeated her mom. Syd too was shocked. "WHAT THE HELL?"

"What?" Alex and I nonchalantly asked. "You're asking us? A second ago you were swallowing each other!"

"Elena, that is horribly explicit. I mean, that's your brother, man."

"Right," Elena admitted, "Two seconds ago you were doing some very bad stuff to each other!"

"We thought you knew?" I asked confusedly. Penelope still had her jaw open. "What is happening here? Why are the two of you tongue-ing each other?"

"Ew!" Elena, Alex and I groaned together at Pen's disgusting comment. "Aw—I mean, this is bad. Very very bad—not sad at all."

"We know this day gets to you Dr. B," I reassured the man when no one else said anything. "What in the weird is going on? Didn't you tell not do what you are or had been doing like EVER?"

"God Elena, how stupid are you? Stella's my girlfriend!"