𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃

"Nice kicks, Alvarez."

"Oh, my God, I will marry you." Alex swooned as I complimented his new shoes. I giggled, ruffling his hair as I examined his new shoes. "Woah, don't these cost like triple digits?"

"Three hundred dollars and it was worth every cent."

"For the record, I'm not dating you for your money but I guess it's a bonus," I pointed out before I classified myself as a gold digger. I wasn't a stranger to that kind of money—my parents had a strict budget, but what Alex didn't know was that I had an unbelievable inheritance waiting for me. My parents got the bling bling down before they had children. "Do I look good in these or what?"

"Well, you definitely leveled up on your sexy scale," I whispered as my face stood inches away from his. Alex tried to kiss me, but I was quicker. I backed away from him slowly as he gave chase. "You did not just do that—Stel!"

"Whoops." I shrugged as I ran into the living room in a hilariously desperate attempt to get away from Alex. He grabbed my arm and pulled me toward his chest with a grin. A loud yell interrupted our moment instantly. "Nope, you are not gonna do the thing that I told the two of you not to do."

"Pen, you're here," I smiled to conceal a grimace, "I was just helping Alex with his organic chemistry notes."

"That's great! You can sit right here," Penelope clapped her hands as she guided us to the dining table. I sighed miserably and attempted to pull up my hair into a ponytail before remembering why I'd left it down in the first place. Penelope's eyes widened. "Thanks, Pen! We better get studying like the studious children we are."

"Was that a hickey?" Pen asked me with a gasp. Alex looked away and my cheeks burned red with such intensity that I was sure to pass out. I stammered. "N-no! I scalded myself with my curling iron..."

"Nuhuh, I've had one kid having sex, I am not dealing with the other one now," Pen whispered to herself before turning to Alex, "Get going to Schneider's. I'm sure he has a lot of stupid stuff that he's bought just like you with the shoes."

"Yes ma'am!" We yelled as we ran out of the house. I grabbed my knees as the two of us reached the elevator, sliding down onto the floor in relief. "Oh, my God. She totally caught us."

"Not the sex talk again. We've been dating for a month!" Alex groaned as he slid down next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder in a desperate attempt to calm myself. Penelope was wild—she lost her virginity at seventeen, but she also held a double standard. She wouldn't let any of her kids have sex unless it's for baby-making purposes and after they're well into marriage. "Speaking of...what was that yesterday?"

"I got carried away, Stel—I am so sorry. Do you feel uncomfortable?" His concern for me showed me how much I actually trusted him. I was fifteen and most kids had sex before their sweet sixteen's—I never imagined I would ever feel like one of those kids. "I don't, I swear, but do you think that we're ready to do whatever we were trying to do?"

"Honestly, I have no idea," Alex shrugged, "But I know we're gonna feel it when we're ready. Besides, we have our whole lives to feel ready."

"Whole lives? Hold up, do you think we're still gonna be together in the future?" I whispered, shocked at Alex's words. Alex looked at me confusedly, like I was supposed to know the answer to that question. "Oh, you have no way out of wearing that ridiculous teeth necklace Mami and Abuelita are making."

"If I was any dumber, I would have thought that you were proposing to me."

"Of course, I'm not," Alex laughed, "You already promised you'd marry me, why would I need to ask you again?"

"When we were five? Obviously, I never thought about us ever getting married until a considerably short while ago—and only in dreams and once in a lost train of thought." I scoffed with a smile. I wanted to throw up—there was so much fluttering in my stomach that it was physically affecting me. Alex was thinking about our future and he imagined his future with me. I didn't know what I was doing thinking I would never make it with him as my boyfriend. Alex cooed with a glimmer in his eyes. "You dream about me?"

"You are so delusional."