02- Hes like art. Terrible art. But still, art.

You know you can't hold me forever
I didn't sign up with you
I'm not a present for your friends to open
This boy's too young to be
singing the blues

-Goodbye Yellow Brick Road- Elton John

-

Alina settled in at the pub and ordered a pint for Harry and Eggsy for when they join her later. Alina just took small sips of her wine until they turned up.

Soon after they joined her, the girl stood up to introduce herself to the candidate.

"Eggsy, right? I've heard quite a bit about you." Alina smiles over, shaking his hand.

"Yeah, that's me. Are you a tailor too?"

"Of sorts." She smirks over at Harry as they both shared their secret.

"So before you was a tailor, was you in the army? Like an officer." The boy questions, curious to find out more about the two mysterious strangers in front of him.

"Not quite."

"So where was you posted, Iraq or something?"

"Sorry, Eggsy. Classified."

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?" Harry sighed as Eggsy spoke, but Alina laughed. The way he spoke with such confidence and without fear of saying what he believed intrigued her.

"The day your father died, I missed something. And if it weren't for his courage... my mistake would have cost the lives of every man present. So I owe him. Your father was a brave man. A good man." Eggsy grinned at Harry's words, he loved hearing about his dad- Eggsy thought the world of him. And so he should.

"And having read your files... I think he'd be bitterly disappointed in the choices you've made." Alina noticed a change in Eggsy's expression, she could see that he was getting mad.

"You can't talk to me like that."

"Huge I.Q. Great performance at primary school. And it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime. Never had a job."

"You think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?" Alina could tell that Eggsy was feeling sensitive about the topic for whatever reason, based on how defensive he was being.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies. First prize, regional Under-10s gymnastics... two years in a row. Your coach had you pegged as Olympic team material." She knew Harry, her uncle, had the conversation planned and didn't try to barge in, she didn't want to overstep.

"Yeah, well, when you grow up around someone like my stepdad... you pick up new hobbies pretty quick."

"Of course. Always someone else's fault." Alina cringed to herself at Harry's words, the man has no filter.
"Who's to blame for you quitting the Marines? You were halfway through training, doing brilliantly, but you gave up."

"Because my mum went mental. Banging on about losing me as well as my dad. Didn't want me being cannon fodder for snobs like you. Judging people like me from your ivory towers... with no thought about why we do what we do. We ain't got much choice. You get me? And if we was born with the same silver spoon up our arses... we'd do just as well as you. If not, better." Eggsy ranted.

"Who said we all had silver spoons up our arses? I know I didn't. Does that mean I didn't have to work hard for what I have just because I talk in a fancy accent and wear nice clothes?" Alina reacted as he infuriated her too much, even though she had promised herself she wouldn't get involved. Eggsy wasn't scared or intimidated, though. He thought it was quite cute how she tried her best to sound angry with her high-pitched voice, and how her hand clenched into a fist as she responded. He thought she was cute.