Part 3. We Meet Again.

The next morning came and I woke up feeling surprisingly refreshed, given the fact that I was in a different setting, in a different bed, that I wasn't used too. I opened my eyes and looked around the room, the sunlight beaming through the bottom of the curtains, creating a spotlight effect upon the floor. I then looked over to the little bedside table and looked to see what time it was, from off the little bedside clock, that was sat upon it, eight thirty it read. I then rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and pulled the duvet from off my body and sat up right in bed, before swinging my legs around and placing them on the wooden floorboards and slipping my feet into my slippers.

I then got up from off the bed and made it, before stretching my arms up towards the ceiling and yawning. I then went to the window and opened the curtains, taking in the sight before me, which was a whole different world from last night. There were children playing outside, running around and playing hopscotch, some with skipping ropes. Mothers were standing at each of their doorsteps, chatting away to one another, whilst keeping an eye on their youngsters. Horses and carts were going by, with men going about their daily jobs, dogs were running wild in the street, some chasing after the children playfully, they must have been the ones I heard last night. I then opened the window to take in some of the fresh air, however much to my dismay, it wasn't like back home for you could breath in the fresh country air, where as here all you would breath in is coal smog from the colliery that was just down from the housing estate.

Then, just as quickly as I opened it, I quickly closed the window again, I guess I won't be getting a nice breeze in my room any time soon. I stepped back from the window and then turned to my vanity chair and grabbed my silk robe from off the back of it and wrapped it around me. I then quietly opened my bedroom door and closed it behind me, before I tiptoed over to my brothers bedroom door to listen to any sign of life from behind it, but I couldn't hear a thing. So I quietly crept downstairs trying to make no noise, before peering over the bannister. There, sitting at the kitchen table, I took in the familiar sight of father sitting at the table, reading his morning paper, whilst smoking his pipe, with the back door open to let the smoke out.

I smiled brightly to myself at the sight. Just then Jimmy came in from outside. "Crackin day out there like, if I say so, for this time of year, seems like a canny day to gan job hunting or we could skip that and gan try out this new pub down the road". He said to father, as he placed his cup by the sink. Father with his pipe stuck in his mouth, let out a puff of smoke from it, before he crinkled the newspaper together and placed it into one of his hands and pulled the pipe out of his mouth with the other and turned to look at Jimmy. "Could do". Was all father said, before they both smirked at one another. I then finished descending the stairs and walked through the living room and stood at the doorway to the kitchen.

"Morning!". I brightly beamed at them both. "Morning flower, how'd you sleep?". Father asked. "I slept great thanks, how about ye?". I replied. "Ergggh, is that morning breath I smell, someone needs to gan brush their teeth". Jimmy commented, as he brushed past me to retrieve something from the living room. "You must have ya nose to far up ya own arse". I smugly smiled at him over my shoulder. Jimmy said nothing other than smile, as I turned back around to look at father. Before I knew it, I had a massive thud in my back, but no pain followed, so it didn't hurt. I turned and looked down upon what fell on the ground, that had hit me and to my surprise, it was a cushion from the sofa, Jimmy had thrown at me.

"Owww!". I bellowed out, even though I knew it didn't hurt. "Soft shite!". Jimmy smugly said, as he walked past me back into the kitchen. I then kicked him in the back of the leg softly and then he was going to retaliate and he picked up a wet tea bag from off the side of the kitchen sink and he was going to throw it at me. "Jimmy, don't even think about it". Father warned, as Jimmy was stood there, frozen to the spot, arm in the air ready to throw it. Jimmy, then slowly brought down his arm and put the tea bag back on the sink where he got it from. "Cup of tea m'lady". Jimmy asked me, in a smug Birmingham accent. "Aye gan on then". I said to him, as I sat myself down on the kitchen table opposite father.