Part 12. Questions Spinning and My Head Killing.

A new day dawned. A new day that was damp miserable and wet. Pouring it down today it is and that puts me in a sad mood, for I prefer prefer see the sunshine, even if it isn't as hot, as it is in summer, this time of year. I closed the net curtain and wrapped my shall around me to keep me warm, from the crisp autumn air that was brewing outside. I went and fired up the fire in the fire place, trying my best to keep quiet, as the boys were upstairs still in bed, as they had a late shift on, at the pit tonight. I was due at work within hour, but the weather outside just made it impossible to want to step one foot outside, but eventually I used all my strength, to prize myself up from off the sette and put down the book that I was reading, put out the fire in the fireplace and set off to work.

Taking an umbrella in hand to shield me from the harsh water droplets, that fell from the murky grey sky, I walked down the street, head low to help stop the water from dripping in my face, if it wasn't for Arthur, needing me to go over his books again and to take over all of his planning and diary entries, I wouldn't have been dragged into work in the first place, but a promise is a promise after all. As soon as I got into the Garrison, I sighed with relief to finally be in somewhere warm and dry, no one else was in here today, so I was also glad of being on my own, for sometimes making conversation can become tiring and challenging, depending on the person you are speaking too.

I took off my coat and hat and placed them behind the bar, along with my handbag and made my way over to Arthur's office, as I sat down and firstly began to work out his accounts for him, which I must say they were absolutely all over the bloody shop, but I didn't pry I just continued and got on with it. Before I moved onto the other issues like the diary entries. It must have taken me a good while, as I didn't take much notice that it had stopped raining outside and that the sun, was now gleaming through the window. That was until, my attention on the diary was interrupted, by someone coming into the office. I looked up and just smirked, out of all the people it had to be Tommy Shelby.

"I've got tea in the pot if you want any". I told him, as I turned my attention back to the paperwork. He didn't repsond, except walk forwards towards me, sitting at the desk and peered over at all the papers, I had scattered about it. "The new system, everything in the diary eh?". He asked rhetorically. "Mm-hmm". I responded. Tommy, then reached into his suit jacket pocket and took out a pen he then, leant forward and began to scribble something, on the diary I was writing in. I looked down in confusion, as to what it meant. "A black star, what does that mean?". I asked him. "Black star day, is the day we take out Billy Kimber and his men". He replied, whilst not looking directly at me, but just down at the black star, he had drawn seconds before.

I sat there flabbergasted, for a moment and was about to say something, but Tommy got there first. "No one knows this". He told me. "What, not even your own family?". I asked. He scoffed lightly to himself, as he walked over to the office door and opened it. "Rosie". He said, as he turned back to look at me, his hand clapsed around the door handle. "Everyone in my family hates me, why would I tell them". He then added, as he left the room, leaving me with loads of questions that I suppose, for now will have to go un-answered. I shook it off and went back to concentratrating on the paperwork in front of me.

I was still on for a while, going through all the slips and working them out. So I decided, to move into the bar area, for a change of scenery. I think I was on to about for tenth cup of tea of the morning by now and it wasn't even one o'clock yet. Suddenly, the pub doors swung open and in strolls Arthur, for Tommy must have forgotten to lock the doors behind him, when he left earlier. "Rosie I'm taking five pounds from petty cash, alright?". He said to me. I just hung my head down and smiled, he's always straight to the point is Arthur, never a hello how are you kind of man. "We divvn't 'ave five pund, in petty cash". I told him, as he was already dipping into the till.