Chapter 33: Backstabbed?

A/N: 3 more chaps and we're done! I've finished writing them and will upload daily cause I'm gonna take a long break from this book to focus on the other fics. (And schl's gonna start so I won't be able to write anyways-"

-.-

"Harley?" Arlo said standing infront of the purple haired man
"Oh! Arlo~ my dear what are you doing here?~"
"Harley. Quit pretending and just tell me what are you even doing?!"
Harley immediately dropped off his act and angrily glared at the dirty blonde haired boy standing infront of him and stood up "Tch, you're being pathetic like your sister. If you want to know what I'm doing them listen up small boy, I'm going to make sure that Y/N regrets not helping me and copying my style of performing to scare the audience better!" Harley said before walking away with his Cacturne leaving the boy in shock.

Sixteen coordinators were chosen to move on to the next round.
You and your friends again made it in the new round and were standing with the other chosen coordinators in between of the stadium.
"Looks like we made it here" Solidad winked at you and may.
"Totally!" May said as she looked at you for response only to see you tensed up. "Y/N?"
You looked up from the ground and looked at her "hm?"
"Are you okay? Is it still because of Drew?" She whispered while you shook your head.

It uncomfortable to stand beside Harley. You knew he could backstab you and you would be out of the grand festival.
Him glaring at you, while Drew closed his eyes and looked down made the situation more and more distressing.

"Hey Arlo, why do you look so.... cramped?" Max asked with Arlo's Plusle and Teddiursa in his arms
"It's....it's nothing" Arlo said feeling anxious "I'm fine, don't worry"
"If you say so" Max gave his friend one last confused look before shifting his gaze back to the stadium.

The double battle started with you and some random trainer.
"Go! Pidgeot and Noctowl!"
"Go Horsey and Croconaw!"

"Two pure flying type pokémons vs two pure water types? Looks interesting" Brock said "They both are neutral against each other's type so we cannot easily predict who will win the match"
"Oh it's fine, we know Y/N will win for sure!" "Pi Pikachu!"
"You and pikachu should calm down a bit ahhh!" Max half yelled as an aipom suddenly sat on Ash's shoulder
"It's the same aipom again!" Brock face palmed

Even with the new distraction came, Arlo's eyes were still fixed on the battle 'After what Harley said....I don't even know when he's going to betray Y/N. Hell i don't even know if he and Y/N made up again off stage....if they didn't then the chances of him making sure that this trainer defeat Y/N in any way possible is high. I don't even know who to trust or when Harley will follow his plan' he thought sinking himself in the chair.

The match started as you ordered Pidgeot to start by using Sand attack which made it slightly difficult for the Horsea and Croconow to see while Noctowl took the chance and used Hypnosis which made Croconow to fall asleep
Then dodging Horsea's attack, Noctowl used Take down and Pidgeot used wing attack on the sleeping Croconow knocking it out completely making you win the round.

The next round started as Solidad went on the stage then Drew and then some trainers before your match with Harley started.
"Oh Y/N~ You looked at the man infront of you in the field, and for the first time you felt like you would actually loose even before the match started.
Grabbing onto the two pokéballs tightly you bit your lips, shaking the fear off your head before letting the two pokémons out, Raticate and Spearow.

"Um Y/N? Are you okay?" Lilian asked noticing how you were you looked.... different? While Harley smirked knowing what you were going through
"Y-yeah! I am! Now! Spearow and Raticate! I choose you!"

The boys were now worried about why you were behaving like this
"Guys, is she okay? I'm starting to think that she's going through something right now"
"Hm...I tried asking May and Solidad about this but they had no clue too"
"Guys" Arlo spoke up looking at the others "It's all because of Harley."