Chapter 49: Reunion at its peak

After training for the whole day with Dawn and Wallace himself, everyone felt exhausted and fell on the seats of the pokémon center.

"Excuse me Y/N, a message asking for you to call the pokémon center in snowpoint city has just come in"
"Snowpoint city? Where is it at?"
"It's here" Nurse Joy pointed at a snowy region in the sinnoh map "it's Sinnoh's farthest northern city"
"I wonder who wants to talk to me from that place, anyways guys I'll be back soon, Spearow c'mon"

You left the four and went to call the pokémon center of Snowpoint city.

The black screen started to load before liting up and showing the face of an old friend of yours.
"Hey! It's May!" "Spearow!"
"Hey Y/N and Spearow!"
"How're you doing May? And what're you doing in Sinnoh?! When did you came here?! And-"
"CALM DOWN! Basically I came to Sinnoh to participate in the Wallace cup and I'm going over to Lake Valor for that"
"Woah really? That was surprising" "row"
"Hehe I know right, and when I heard that you, Ash and the others are over there too, I wanted to inform you about me coming there as soon as possible"
"That's great! I'll tell Ash, Brock, Arlo and Dawn about you coming here, but what're you doing in Snowpoint?"

"Well that's a secret for now" May winked "I'll tell once I'm at Lake Valor"
"Alright...sounds good"
You and May started to catch up on things because there was nothing to do anyways. May told about her Johto adventures while you told about Sinnoh, your new friends Dawn and Nando and a weird rival named Zoey who hated you for being both a coordinator and a league participant.

"Looks like you're having a hard time with this Zoey girl"
"Exactly, we just give each other glares all the time" you groaned at the thought of her along with Spearow "Man i just hope that she's not here in the Wallace cup" You frowned at which May giggled.

You and May continued to compare Sinnoh and Johto contests with Hoenn and Kanto one's until something hit you.

"Hey, May? I forgot to ask this to you"
"What is it, Y/N?"
"Is...Are Drew, Harley and Soledad coming?"
"Huh?" May stared blankly at the screen for a while before a teasing smile crept up on her face once she remembered that one of her ultimate rival, Drew happens to be someone 'special' to her close friend, Y/N. "Oh Y/N~ it's been long eh?"

Your face turned red as you yelled at her through the screen, "MAY! SHUT UP!"
May couldn't stop laughing at your face and almost fell from her chair "You should take a look at your face" She laughed
"May be serious" you whined hiding your face in embarrassment.

"Alright alright, so I did knew you would ask this eventually, and when I told him that you would probably be there in the Wallace cup too, he said he still needs to train and travelling to Sinnoh would be a lot.... stressful for him? I'm not sure why he said it even though he doesn't mind travelling to places which are further away but, basically...he's not coming"

Ouch

"Oh..."
"Y/N, i tried to force him to come with me but he didn't, Harley and Soledad said that they wants to come and seeing you again after a long time would make both of them happy but they couldn't come as well, but the three said that they'll support us from the TV no matter what"

"I see" you remained silent for a few moment before speaking up, "alright I guess I should...um go and tell the others about you coming now"
"Mhm" she smiled "alright, I'll see you all tomorrow!"

You got out of the call and went back to the others, informing about May coming tomorrow which made everyone equally excited.
Ash started to tell Dawn more about May and the Hoenn region with Brock while you sat in silence.

"Hey Y/N, what's up? You look kinda sad"
"It's nothing, Arlo"
"Did anything happen? Did May say something to you?"
"I said it's nothing, she didn't said anything, I'm fine"
Arlo stared at you with concern"if you say so...anyways, is Drew coming? What about Harley and Soledad?"

You looked away from Arlo and faced the other direction "She said that he's not coming"
"Ohhh so that's the deal, you're sad because-" you slapped your hand on his face before the others could hear Arlo's now a bit loud voice
"Uhh Y/N, Arlo? Are you two okay?"
"Yeah Ash we're fine" you forced a smile and pulled Arlo away from them

"I told you to stay quiet, you know that Ash and Brock both hate Drew, if they hear about this they'll get mad again and our friendship will be ruined"
"Don't you think that you should tell Ash about this? We can forget about Brock right now, he's a massive simp who already got rejected"
"Huh? What do you mean by 'tell Ash?' I don't really think that Ash likes me, he never actually did anyways, So why bother telling him all this?"

"Y/N n-"
Piplup suddenly came up and pointed at the dining table's direction
"Oh it's dinner time already? Alright Arlo let's go" before Arlo could finish his sentence, you already picked piplup up and left to get Dawn
"But I didn't finished saying...."

The next day

May's Beautifly suddenly flew out of nowhere and sat on your head in the dock which made everyone realise that May's boat was stopping here any moment.

And soon enough, May got out of the boat and gave everyone gifts, like Teddiursa and Ursaring statue to Ash and Brock, Piplup pendant to Dawn and a Plusle and Minun keychains to you and Arlo.

"Aw these are so cute, thanks May!"
"I love it so much! Thanks a lot!" Arlo said happily, making Dawn shiver at the sight of the keychains "How's Max by the way?"

Everyone started to talk to May about how things were going after everyone parted ways and she explained how she was evolving Eevee into Glaceon in Snowpoint city before taking everyone to a restaurant where people need to win a battle to eat.
...

The sun was almost set by the time everyone got out of the restaurant and headed to the park.

"The sun's about to set"
"Why don't we hangout here at the park for a bit before going back to the hotel?" May suggests, hoping other's will listen to her.
"Mhm I agree, alright Teddiursa c'mon out!"
"Hey Arlo! Let's have a fun battle with Pikachu!"
"I'll be the referee then" Brock says
"C'mon May and Y/N, it'll be fun to watch"
"You guys go ahead, we'll be behind" You waved at Dawn who went running to the battling area with the three.

"Hey May?"
"Hm? What's up?"
"How's Drew?"
May sighed, "Well if you ask me, he's doing good for now. He evolved his Roselia into a Roserade and already earnt three ribbons like me"
"Oh I see...why didn't he came with you? Was that traveling thing-"
"Alright Y/N, that's enough talking about him now. We came here for the Wallace Cup, not you glooming because your boyfriend didn't show up!"
"He's not my boyfriend!"
"Yet! Now shouldn't you focus on tomorrow's contest and watch your brother's match with Ash?"
"Yeah yeah I know"

With a not-so-good-mood, you went to watch Arlo's battle. Of course Ash won, but it was still a good match.

"You did great out there!" You cheered, pulling him into a hug
"Thanks! I think me and Teddiursa are getting stronger!"
"Of co-"

Before you could finish, the gang's attention fell on the purple haired boy a little far away from them.
"Hey it's Paul!" Ash grinned, wanting to talk to him
"Ash wait-" you started but got stopped.

"Hey Ash,Y/N, here!" Another surprise?
The gang looked at the source of the voice to find a brunette walking upto them.
"Gary?" May asked, remembering Ash and your frenemy.
"Now-" and for the third time in the same minute you got cut off and surprised.

"Y/N, May, Arlo, over here my darlings, woohoo~" Your eyes widen in shock to see the old purple haired male rival of yours, walking to you and the rest like a model with the pink haired girl you look upto till this date, Solidad.

"May but you said-" you looked at her immediately to see her sticking out her tongue at you playfully
"Hehe"

"Wait so does that mean...?!"

...

Words: 1466
Published: 16/3/24
Updated: --/--/--