three

when the bell rang gabe quite literally ran to get to william's class. he knew he'd wait for him to get there but he hated making his counterpart wait for very long. bill was still shoving his stuff in his bag when gabe got there, as usual, and gabe walked into the classroom giving a nod to the teacher.
"you almost ready, bilvy?"
william jumped, startled, as he didn't see gabe before. his face relaxed when he realized who was there and talking to him and he slung his bag over his shoulder as he replied, "yes." with a soft william beckett signature smile.

the rest of the school day went on this way, gabe dropping off and picking up william from every class, william feeling embarrassed, and gabe feeling the proudest he ever has. the two waited in their shared seventh bell for the last bell of the day to ring. when it finally did, gabe waited for bill to gather his things and the two tried to walk quick enough not to miss their bus.

"are your parents gonna be home when we get off the bus?"
gabe sat in thought for a second, "i don't think so, why? do you wanna come over?"
"i thought you'd never ask" bill smiled sheepishly
"you jus- you invited yoursel- whatever i would've asked anyways."
the two laughed as they climbed up the stairs to their bus, and shimmied down the thin aisle to get to the seat in the far back they always shared. gabe pulled out his purple wired headphones and offered one to william, knowing he'd take it. the two put their respectable earbuds in each ear and gabe started to become their bus dj for the next 25 ish minutes.
jamie by weezer started playing, and bill smiled as he listened. 'gabes never played this one before? it's cute i like it' bill thought as he looked out the window.
gabe stared as the brunette next to him was entranced by the trees passing, his hair blowing from the window open in the seat in front of them. 'pretty.' gabe thought
"what?" william turned around to look at gabe, confused.
"oh-"
william softened his expression and waited for gabe to repeat what he said.
"nothing um- you just look pretty like this."
williams face turned a light shade of red as he adjusted the earbud in his ear.
"thanks" he smiled another william beckett signature smile at his best friend, and damn if he only knew what it did to him.