chapter 2 | day 2

The loud sound of barking filled the living room, startling Noelle as she jumped out of her sleep frantically

The loud sound of barking filled the living room, startling Noelle as she jumped out of her sleep frantically. She looked around, letting her eyes adjust and remembering where she was. She sighed and touched her heart as her chest rose and fell due to her heavy and fast breathing. She looked at Nala, who was sitting on her hind legs at the edge of the bed, and shook her head. The sound of a door creaking made her ears twitch.

Karrion appeared dressed in a pair of black and gold Versace boxer briefs, putting his body on display. The light from the muted TV gave her the opportunity to glance at the bulge. She wasn't mad that he didn't have on any clothes—it was his house; how could she be mad?—but she wished she hadn't looked below. Standing there, rubbing his eyes, he scratched his stomach and stared at Noelle.

"She woke you up?"

Nodding her head at his question prompted him to snap his fingers, which made Nala jump down from the bed. He pulled the throw blanket from the back of the couch and wrapped it around his body as he walked to the backdoor. With the way Nala was acting, Noelle came to the conclusion that she had to use the bathroom. Picking up her phone from the end table, she squinted as the bright light blinded her. The clock read 3:33, causing her to shake her head.

"Oh shit!" Karrion expressed as he opened the backdoor. Snow covered and blocked the threshold from top to bottom. He stepped back and stumbled over a frightened Nala, who was scared of the falling snow. She was so terrified, she ended up peeing on the floor. Karrion shook his head, not even bothering to get mad at his baby. Shit, he was scared too. It was a lot of snow.

"Aye, mama? You done went back to sleep?" He asked Noelle, making her crack a small smile.

"No, what do you need?" She croaked out as she cleared her throat. She threw the cover back, exposing her thick thighs as she threw her legs over the bed. Letting her feet come into contact with the floor, she stood and pulled her briefs from between her thighs. They had rolled up significantly in her sleep. She quickly pulled her shirt over her head.

"Can you go get a few towels out of the linen closet for me? Snow fell in, and my baby had an accident."

Doing as asked, Noelle walked down the hall and retrieved the few towels he asked for. Approaching the situation, she threw some towels his way and placed the others on the floor. She moved them with her feet, trying to soak up the snow.

"Thank you. You can go lay back down; I got it."

Noelle looked at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yes ma'am."

Before climbing back onto the bed, Noelle removed her t-shirt and adjusted the Honeywell fan that she had unpacked from her duffel bag. She buried her body back under the cover. Sticking her hand in her bra, she cuffed her right titty and tried her best to go back to sleep. She felt a headache coming on, and she knew it was coming from not wearing her glasses and the little fender bender. She felt the bed dip and knew Nala had found her way back up there.