• Chapter 1 •

Peace.

The thing the world disguises itself as. "Peaceful". I could disagree. I do live in a world where demons are real. There are people dying every day in this world. I wouldn't call that peace. Peace is whenever the world settles itself to a certain point, a point where no one dies, or suffers. We don't live in that world, no one does. If only Muzan Kibutsuji could be slayed. That's where I, and all the other slayers come in.

I use the 2nd most powerful breathing style this world has ever known. Wisteria breathing. The things demons despise the most besides sunlight and slayers. I would do anything to kill Kibutsuji. Muzan Kibutsuji will not survive. Not after he killed my family. His sins will never be forgiven. My family was innocent, never being involved with bad conduct or other.

I will kill Muzan Kibutsuji, even if I die in the process. As long as he is disposed from this already filthy world, i will be fulfilled with peace.

I start to walk outside of my house within the hashira headquarters. I am currently the 2nd youngest hashira at 15 years old. Not that i deserve the position anyway. There are far more talented slayers out there. But master tells me I have talent. That I am relentlessly strong enough to beat even the strongest of demons.

Master Ubuyashiki is my only family I have left since my family died to that filthy demon king.

I start heading to Kanrojis house since we are planning to make sakura mochi together. Apparently that's why her hair is pink and green. Although she is silly, she is also strong, independent, and beautiful. She reminds me of my mother, a beautiful Oiran. I suppose that is where I get my looks from.

I've been asked a few to many times to be a bride. Although I do not think i'm that attractive, others think so.

As i'm heading over there I see a red haired boy around my age with a checked haori and hanafuda earrings. He eventually starts to walk over to me. I try my best to avoid him since I have to get to Kanrojis house, but my attempt was unsuccessful.

"Hello ma'am! Would you happen to know the way to Mount Natagumo?" The boy starts. He is currently staring down at his feet.

"Mount Natagumo is that way, and My name is Y/n L/n." I say pointing to the mountain.

"Arigato!-" He says before looking up at me.

-Tanjiro's Mind-
*Wow she is beautiful... I can't believe that someone so pretty is a demon slayer. She would be a perfect oiran. She would be a very good companion in life..

-Y/n POV-

"Now if you can excuse me, I have to go meet up with Kanroji-san." I say waiting for him to leave.

"O-oh alright see you soon, Ms. Y/n." Tanjiro says softly.

As he walks away I notice that he had a wooden box on his back with the scent of a demon inside. I hope he realizes this before he gets eaten alive. I finally make to Mitsuri's house and knock on the door.

"KYAA! Hello Y/n-san!!" She shrieks joyfully.

"Heh, Konnichiwa Kanroji-san." I say softly.

-Mitsuri POV-

"KYAA Y/N SAN IS SO GENTLE WITH HER WORDS!! She reminds me of Shinobu sometimes! But y/n-san is more joyful, and respectful."

-Y/n POV-

"I'm sorry I was late. I was helping a boy navigate Mount Natagumo." I speak quietly.

"It's okay y/n! I forgive you." Mitsuri says with a smile.

I softly smile back as I head to the kitchen to grab the mochi and tea. I come back into the living room as I set the food and drink onto the table.

"Thank you for having me over Kanroji-san! (N/n)" I add.

"Kanroji-...san? Is that your nickname for me?" Kanroji questions.

"Oh uh.. yes! If you don't like it I won't continue to call you it." I say gently.

"No, no! I love it, Y/n-san!" She says happily.

"I'm glad." I say smiling before grabbing a mochi and stuffing it into my mouth.

After a while it was already getting dark so I decided to hurry home.

"Wait. I sense a demon, it's not the same as the one the boy was carrying before. It's a lot stronger, dare I say 10x stronger." I speak to myself.

"It must be of the 6 lower moons or even an upper rank." I say.

I start heading in the direction the scent is pointing me to.

*Half an hour later*

My keen sense of smell led me to a forest far beyond the demon slayer corps headquarters. As I start heading into the forest I hear a voice that makes a shiver run down my spine.

"My, my. What do we have here?" A demon adds.

As i slowly turn around I see a demon who is about a foot taller than me. His rainbow colored eyes feel as if they are piercing my soul. I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Ah a beautiful demon slayer, it seems that this will be an easy fight. It also seems that you have Marechi blood. This will be a plentiful meal." The demon adds.

As I inspect him closer I see he has the words "Uppermoon 2" written in kanji is scribbled across his gleaming rainbow eyes.

"Who are you." I ask still staring at him as a chill runs down my spine. I move my hand to my katana read to unsheathe it if he attacks.

"My, my. Why do you need to know my name? Oh well. You won't be alive long enough to withhold that information so I suppose I should tell you now. My name is uppermoon 2, or Douma."

Taisho Era Secrets:

Y/n lives for Mitsuri. They are best friends so she mostly only opens up around her.

Tanjiro was metaphorically drooling over Y/n. (I mean who wouldn't? 😼)

Obanai was listening in to Kanroji and Y/n's conversation because he still doesn't trust Y/n to be alone with Kanroji yet.

I wrote this at 3:00 in the morning bc i have nothing better to do <3.

1068 words.