• Chapter 4 •

Recap:

"We aren't friends. I don't care where you go." He says while sitting under a tree, resting.

"That hurts my feelings." I say with a sarcastic sad face, holding my heart.

"I don't care about your feelings L/n. Leave." He says.

"Very well then. Farewell Sanemi!" I say joyfully.

"You are an idiot." He whispers.

"My idiot."

As I walk out of Sanemi's estate, my crow, (you guys name her/him), squawks.

"Y/N L/N please report to the hashira meeting at master Ubuyashikis estate!"

"A hashira meeting you say? I wonder what about?.." I tell myself.

I start walking towards my destination, there I see the child with red hair again, and the box with a demon in it on the ground beside him. I then look around and see all the hashira already standing there.

"Please excuse my absence master." I say bowing towards Ubuyashiki.

He flashes a smile towards me.

Tanjiro's POV:

"Hey."

"Get up."

"Hey you!"

"Hey!"

"Get up..Hey!"

I suddenly jolt awake.

"How long are you going to sleep?! Get up will ya!" A kinobi yells.

"You are in the presence of the hashira!" He yells again.

Hashira?!

What is a 'hashira'?

Where am I?

Who are these people?

"Ara ara, this is the demon slayer corp. And right now, Kamari Tanjiro, you are being put on trial for disobeying corp rules!" A butterfly woman informs me.

"May I need to inform him of what hashira are master?" A familiar h/c woman asks.

"That would be good, thank you L/n." 'Master' says in response.

"Tanjiro Kamado, The hashira are the 10 highest ranked members of swordsman skills. The hashira provide stability to the demon slayer corp, without them i'm sure we would be defenseless and dead." The h/c woman says.

"There is no need for trial! Let's just decapitate him with the rest of the demons!" A flame haired man adds.

"I'll cut off his head flashily!" Another man adds.

Y/n's POV:

"Tengen there will be no such thing until we have heard masters orders." I say.

"Fine, my flashy fourth wife." He says with a smirk.

"Tengen, please refrain from calling me that." I say sweat dropping.

"What a pitiful child.. I will pray for your soul in heaven." Gyomei says.

I look over to see muichiro spacing out looking into the sky.

"Let's kill him." Sanemi adds.

"Yeah!" Rengoku says.

"Yeah, but flashily." Tengen says.

I look to Tanjiro and see him distressed frantically looking around for something.

"Forget about him, what are we going to do with that loner, Tomioka, over there." Obanai adds.

"Shinobu says he broke the corp rules as well. What shall his punishment be? It irks me that he's walking around with no worries right now."

"We shouldn't worry about Tomioka right now.  We need answers out of the child right now." Kocho says.

"Here, have a flask of water"

"Your jaw is mostly broken so drink gracefully, since it's not fully healed yet. I've added a sedative to make the pain go away for a while."

"H-hey! Don't hurt Nezuko! She was turned into a demon, but she hasn't consumed a single human!" Tanjiro yells.

"She wouldn't hurt a fly!"

"Stop spouting unbelievable nonsense." Obanai adds.

"Please make this child's death be fast and unpainful." Gyomei prays.

"Please, listen! I joined the corp to find a cure for her! She hasn't eaten a single human over the course of 2 years!" Tanjiro yells.

"I need proof! Words mean nothing, Actions need to be shown to make it believable." Uzui spouts.

"I'm not so sure.." Mitsuri squeaks.

"Nezuko fought with me! She wouldn't hurt a single corp member! Please just listen!" He blurts out.

"Shinazugawa, please put the box down!" A female kinobi yells.

"Is this the idiot child who travels with a demon?" Sanemi says crazily.

"What's going on anyways."

"Miss. Kocho, We are so sorry!" The kinobis say.

"Shinazugawa, please refrain from doing anything idiotic." Kocho says.

"Boy, you say this demon can fight for the demon slayer corp? That's amazing, incredible.." Sanemi pauses.

"Thats... COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE!"

Sanemi then stabs the box with the demon girl inside. Tanjiro's face quickly turns from shock to anger in a matter of seconds. He then runs at Sanemi.

"Ahhh!" He says running.

"Don't touch my sister! I will protect her even if it kills me!"

"Ha ha ha! That's a load of bullshit, you can't even protect her from me." Shinazugawa chuckles.

"Stop being rash! Master is watching!" Giyuu finally speaks up.

Sanemi swings his swords at Tanjiro. Tanjiro dodges the swing by jumping over it and smashing his head onto Sanemi's. Sanemi's nose starts bleeding as I chuckle.

"hmm!" I say attempting to hold in a laugh.

"A-are you okay?" I say trying my best not to burst out laughing.

But before I can even burst out laughing, I hear Kanroji laugh loudly.

"Sorry!" She says.

I walk over to Shinazugawa, placing his head on my lap while I pull a tissue from my pocket. I wipe away the blood from his nose and forehead. I then carefully lean him against the tree, putting my haori over him like a blanket.

"If you can't tell a good demon from a bad one, you don't deserve the rank of hashira!" Tanjiro blurts out.

"Why you.." Sanemi says crazily while still laying against the tree.

"Shinazugawa, please stay there. I'd rather your head injury not worsen." I say.

Taisho era secrets:

Y/n knows a little bit about medical emergencies, since Kocho and her hang out quite a bit.

Shinazugawa's face was red when Y/n put his head on her lap, and it wasn't red from anger 🤭.

Y/n's crow has a special wisteria flower around its neck, making a barrier of wisteria. Meaning her crow cannot he hurt or touched by any sort of demon.

Finally got chapter 4 out! I'm sorry for taking so long, the amount of school work I have is stressing me out and i'm procrastinating so that really doesn't help.

I hope you enjoyed chapter 4!

1025 words.