2.1 - Hurt

TW: Extreme cuteness xx

*Charlie's POV*

I also never thought that David could do something like that. After all, he did attack his own brother. Nick's mom, Sarah, was also shocked when she learned the news. I let Nick have some time with his mom to talk and cry, cry a lot. Nick has been feeling so disconnected and confused and anxious these days, which is totally understandable after what he's been through. I'm usually the friend, or in this case the boyfriend, that always knows what to say to people when they aren't feeling well. But, honestly, I've been struggling a lot to find the right words to say to Nick. Part of me wants to tell him how much of a dick his brother has always been and that it doesn't surprise me that he would do something as deranged as that, but the other part of me knows that I can't tell him that, because it just wouldn't help at all. 

Nick took a day off today and I'm not working so I decided to surprise him with a little self-care day. When I got up this morning, he was still asleep so I took the opportunity to make him breakfast and set up some blankets on the sofa. It's rainy outside anyways so we don't really have any other choice than to stay inside. I have in plan to make him a bath and watch some movies later on today. I go up the stairs and quietly open the door to our room, only to realize he's already awake, looking at his phone.

C - Good morning baby.

N - Good morning.

I kiss him on the head and play through his hair. 

C - I have a special day planned for us. 

N - But, it's raining.

C - So?

Nick gets up and I take his hand for him to follow me. When we get downstairs, he notices the table all set and turns to me.

N - You didn't have to do all that.

C - Shh- I wanted to do all of that, for you.

I sit him down at the table and serve him his plate, which he enjoyed very much. After eating breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, I tell Nick to stay on the couch while I start the bath. I light up some candles, and put some music on.

N - What are you doing up there?

C - You can come.

When Nick opens the bathroom door and notices the bath all set up, he looks at me, eyes watering.

C - Hey, what's wrong? Did you not feel like taking a bath? We can absolutely do something else if you don't feel like it and-

He cuts me off and hugs me tight.

N - Thank you.

C - Oh, baby. You're welcome.

C - What do you wanna watch?

We set up on the sofa. It's about 8 p.m. We get comfortable in our pyjamas and get some snacks.

N - I get to choose?

C - Sure.

A wide grin invades his face; the biggest smile he's done in a while.

N - Marvel?

I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh.

C - I guess I did agree to this.

N - Okay, well, in that case, Spider-Man it is. You know how Tom Holland makes me feel.

C - Alright, alright, but no more Marvel after this.

We both laugh, and damn does it feel good to see Nick smile and laugh. I think this is the happiest he's been in the past couple of days and I couldn't be more glad to know that I can still make him feel a little better.

C - You know how much I love you right?

He turns to me and looks deeply into my eyes. 

N - I love you too Char, so much.