Hosting Fresh - 1

Growing up in the underground, you were not aware that your version of reality had been one of many. You were not aware that there was an entire multiverse, omniverse even, of countless different timelines. Each universe had its own uniquities, its own story, its own version of life.

Some worlds were impossibly different. Some worlds had changes that were so miniscule they were practically just duplicates. Some worlds existed alone, without knowledge of anything else. Others were fully aware of, and welcoming of, the rest of the mmultiverse.

Your world was a pacifist underswap variant that had never known the horrors of a genocide run. But that did not mean that wasn't still rotten beneath the surface. That you weren't subjected to entirely different horrors.

Your world was one of the unfortunate few that had a Papyrus whonwas incredibly controlling and abusive to his brother, to you. Something had happened to you as a child at the hands of a certain doctor who had no compassion towards any living creature, and instead of supporting you through the turmoil it had caused, Papyrus blamed you.

You were kept isolated. You weren't allowed to talk to others unless your brother was there to oversee everything. You weren't allowed to go outside. And if Papyrus was not home, you were kept locked in your room, where you could only play with your magic (in secret) to pass time. You weren't hit, so you didn't think the abuse was real.

Despite that, your soul was vibrant and healthy. Your body was fairly strong, partly because you had learned to endure a lot in your lifetime. And even despite your trauma, your personality never dulled. You were enthusiastic, kind, and endlessly supportive of the people that you held close.

When a new skeleton appeared inside your home, with bright neon clothing and a vernacular that persisted of 1990s slang, you welcomed him with open arms. You didn't know who he was, or even if he was meant to be there, but the excitement of making a new friend outweighed any concerns that the stranger could have been dangerous.

The conversation you had with them before letting them inside was quite brief. Papyrus had been busying himself at Muffets, and so there was nobody to protest your trustfulness in the stranger, to advise you that maybe putting your faith into a strange neon skeleton who appeared out of nowhere wasn't such a good idea.

You exclaimed promises of homemade Friendship Sushi, one of the variations of your universe, already certain that your new friend was trustworthy. When he fresh-poofed right in front of you during your excited (though distracted) ramble in the kitchen, his face not even an inch from yours, you had gasped a little and stepped back out of shock, then simply smiled at him.

You weren't scared. Your brother was scarer than this person was. Besides, he agreed to Friendship Sushi! When his hand gripped your arm so tightly that it physically hurt, you had to force yourself from wincing. "Uhm, Could You Let My Arm Go? You're Hurting Me, Friend..."

His smile widened. "Sorry, no-can-do, mah broseph," he let out as he pressed closer to you. His movement forced you to step backwards until you were against the wall, his body pinning you firmly in place.

"F-Fresh! What Are You Doing?" you exclaimed, mostly confused at what was happening. The position you were in was uncomfortable, and despite how much you had initially trusted Fresh, something about him now felt... dangerous.

You tried to ignore the obvious red flags of the situation, still wanting to believe the best of your new friend. Instead of fighting against him, you simply squirmed a little in his grip, trying to pry your arm from the hand that so firmly held you in place.

The neon skeleton's glasses shifted from 'YOLO' to being completely blank. You had seen the text on it shift a few times, but had never seen it completely blank and weren't sure what exactly it meant.