Bun+Hunter - 2

Buns POV

You didn't sleep. Hours slipped by, your mind too active to let you even attempt to sleep. It was times like this that you wished you ha dinhereted your brother's ability to just... pass out. He could literally nap anywhere and through anything! Instead, you were stuck with insomnia. Maybe that wouldn't be sucu a bad thing if you weren't already being pushed past your capacity every single day.

You looked around your empty room. There was a light, but it wasn't connected and hadn't been for some time. You only had your dull eyelights to help you see in the darkness, not that there really was anything to look out. Unless you counted the torn wallpaper decorating the walls, maybe.

You honestly suspected that this space may have been intended as a broom closet or something. The space was only large enough for you to lay down, and you probably wouldn't have even been able to do that if you weren't so short.

You were in this room rather frequently. Sometimes you'd be forgotten for weeks at a time. Other times, you'd be dragged around by the queen without rest for weeks. You preferred the former. If the room was meant as a punishment, the queen kind of failed in that regard. You liked how quiet it was. You liked that you had privacy to cry here. You liked that there was nobody tobhuet you here. You were alone, and alone was safe. 

You sighed as you were pulled away from your thoughts. Something felt... off? There was a strange feeling to the air around you, as though it were charged with static electricity. You could feel the foreign energy wrapping around you as though targeting you specifically, yet it didn’t seem to trigger the collar, so it wasn't an attack. Probably. Hopefully.

Before you could even process anything, a blinding flash of light consumed everything, taking away all sense of direction. You cried out and covered your sockets, but it made no difference, everything was still just pure white . There was a high pitched ringing and an icy coldness, and for what felt like aeons, your senses melted away into nothingness.

When the whiteness finally subsided, your body still felt like it was pulsing with energy, and it took you some time to adjust. The energy faded quickly, leaving you exhausted, but you were just thankful that whatever happened didn't seem to have lowered your HP at all. Still, you briefly checked over your body, just to make sure there were no unexpected changes.

What even was that? Why had it felt like you were being pulled through the void, like back when Papy would sometimes teleport you, but so much worse? You reactively looked to your surroundings, wondering if maybe it was somebody else's teleportation magic, and the first thing that hit you was how open this space was. You weren’t in a room, or any part of the castle. You were standing in the middle of a random street.

There were buildings and trees in every direction, aignifying this area was decently populated. It didn’t look like the capitol though, and the longer you thought about it, the more confused you became. If somebody had brought you here, then where were they? You were standing completely alone. Was it possible that somebody had teleported you to rescue you from the queen, but didn't want to get involved? Were you brought here by mistake? 

You shivered as a cold gust of wind carressed your body. The temperature wasn't low enough for snow, but it was still freezing for you and your sensitive bones. When some leaves fell atop your skull, you reactively turned your gaze upwards, only to become instantly frozen at the sight. There was no stone or cave. Instead, there was an endless expanse of black, dotted with glistening white stars.

That... that was the sky! You were on the surface! Tears cascaded down your face, but it wasn’t out of fear or sorrow. No, it was confusion. It was awe. It was joy. It was so many different emotions, all spiralling within your soul. Monsters had been trapped in the underground for centuries, yet here you were, above ground, witnessing the beauty of the night! Naf you didn't even know who to thank for thata

It was so much prettier than you ever could have imagined. You smiled, a genuine smile, probably for the first time in years. Not even the wishing rook had managed to capture just how stunning this was! It was so pretty that you could have stared for hours, just taking in the sight.

But then it dawned on you how unsafe this situation was. You didn't know where you were, how you had gotten here. You didn't have anybody to help or guide you. You were in a situation with absolutely no knowledge on what to do. What if the surface had different rules to the underground? A different culture, even?

You could feel traces of monster magic around you, so at least you knew that it wasn't completely human-populated. But what were the relationships like? Did humans get along with monsters? You looked around, observing for any signs of violence. The lack of dust was definitely comforting, as was the lack of human bodies or blood. This place was fairly clean, and there were no signs of damage.

Everything seemed... peaceful? The streets were completely empty, as though the entire world had gone to sleep. Maybe it would be different when morning light came, but for now, this place seemed relatively safe. There were even a few posters, you noticed, with both monsters and humans looking happy. Was this a band poster? And an advertisement for... what the heck was nice-cream?

You took in a deep breath, considering your options. This place was beautiful, and if it was as peaceful as it seemed, it would have been a nicenplace to stay. You knew that Papy would have wanted you to be free. Free from the queen. From the violence. From the underground itself.

But how long would this last? You still had that awful collar around your neck, a collar that only the queen herself could remove. And no matter how far you ran, she woule always be able to find you, to hunt you down and drag you back. You desperately didn't want to go back. You didn't want ro go back to the abuse and neglect, you wanted to be free.

But... could she even get to you whilst you were on the surface? Maybe you could make the most of your newfound freedom. Maybe you could enjoy what little time you had to yourself, just pretend everything was okay for however long it would last. Until you had more information of your situation, you would just hope that you were safe from her reach, and if yoj were eventually found, that was a problem for future you to deal with.

You begun to make your way through various alleys. It didn’t really matter to you where you ended up, part of you just wanted to distance yourself from where you had been transported to. Your only goal was to get a better idea of the layout of where you were, maybe figure out a few decent hiding places if it came to that.

You could make this work. You were free now, and you were going to do everything you could to keep that.