Prologue

It has been hectic, even before Roman sat on the throne. Since then Tegan can hardly separate the events of every day. All he can remember of Megan is the wild coupling before dawn when he returned to her after long nights of works and council gatherings. All to keep the boy safe and who is to take the glorified throne someday and rule over them all. And then before he knew it, the war was on them and people started dying. His beloved comrades, his soldiers and...his beloved, most precious wife. Megan was his world. His moon and sun, the vitality of his life. After her departure, everything seemed bleak. 

"Father, please don't forget that I'm here with you," Asha had cried, hugging his leg as Tegan sat stonily beside the empty bed. He needed to pull himself together and Asha needed to forget the horrible times. Tegan sent him away along with Oscar, the main strength and advisor of the Crown Prince. The two of them have grown up together and were the best of friends until the later became the acting ruler in absence of the King. Tegan and everyone else who stands behind the new, young Ruler, was completely aware that their beloved Prince and Oscar have more than friendship going between them, but after Oscar left and Roman had to leave his youthful days behind, finally the reality was too much. Instead of everything going smoothly, everything fell apart, in secret, behind the young Ruler's rich, velvet curtained doors, between the Crown Prince and his older duke.