2.

"Tegan, could you help me sleep?" 

Tegan stared down at the Prince. His words can be interpreted in so many ways. It is only right for him to choose the safest way to approach the royal request. 

"Do you need me to fetch you medicine to help you sleep, your highness? I can send for Pablo, if that's your wish."

"I don't want medicine," Roman muttered, looking away, "I want...you."

"I'm afraid I don't understand..." 

"Come stay with me," Roman caught his gloved hand, "You can do this much, right?"

"It might not be the best thing to do, your highness," Tegan tried to pull his hand free but the Prince wouldn't let go, "You're confused, your highness."

"About what?" 

"About your wishes. You've been working too hard since...you took up His Majesty's duties. You really need to rest well, for your own sake and for ours."

"Don't try to avoid it," Roman said, slightly frowning, "I know what I want. I want you with me right now."

"And why should I obey such an...improper request, Roman?" 

Roman scowled and looked up, his eyes bold and shiny. For a moment it seemed like he'd order Tegan to go along his request, but then his eyes changed, they darkened. 

"Fine," he let go of Tegan's hand, "Send for any of the new apprentices I took in. They must still be learning in the imperial library..."

"Your highness, what, exactly do you want to do with him?" 

"That's none of your concern, just call for a man," Roman turned, swinging his hair and long sleeves. 

"Your highness," Tegan called him from behind but he didn't stop. After a moment, Tegan followed behind him. Roman had already returned to his bed-chamber, pouring himself a drink. 

"Your highness, don't tell me...you're thinking of sleeping with a man?" 

"I don't like that tone or way of speaking, Tegan," Roman sipped his drink, "I'm your ruler."

"I remember. And also the vow I took to always protect you! You cannot do this. Word will spread among the apprentices, then the masters and soon the whole Palace! What about your reputation?" 

Roman ignored him. Tegan felt anger and anxiety writhing inside his stomach. 

"Your highness, what if whoever is summoned is not willing to sleep with another man? What will you do? Surely you do not intend to force yourself upon someone?"

"Tegan," Roman glanced this way, his face cold. 

"Ah, God," Tegan put a hand over his eyes, "You can't do this. I cannot allow you."

"I'm not asking for your permission."

"But you said you'd listen to our council, did you already forget? You vowed that you would not disregard our advise and come back to the right path if you ever deviate from it!" Tegan shouted. 

"That applied when I was younger. I am a grown man now, Tegan. I know better than I knew back then."

"You just became a grown man, your highness," Tegan screwed up his face, "It hasn't been a year since the rebellion! You think you know everything now? You're just as much a boy as you were back then!"

"Enough," Roman threw the wine at Tegan, "I didn't want to disrespect you. You're one of my most loyal and closest friends, Tegan. But this and that are different."