4.

"He's coming back, too," the King murmured, looking out of the window. The vacation was almost over. They were currently staying in Tegan's mansion. It was gray outside. The drizzle making the weather really cold. There was a letter in the King's hand. It was from Metteore and it bore the silver royal seal. 

The King must be talking about Oscar. Tegan gazed at him through half-closed lids, lying face-down on the bed. He woke up when the King left the room for a while half an hour ago and then returned with this letter. Tegan found his rear was still feeling uncomfortable and he turned onto his stomach. He was still naked under the sheets. 

"So long," His Majesty murmured again, putting a hand on the glass panel. Was he glad Oscar was finally coming back? Or was he just sad after he was reminded of his first love? Tegan felt it again. Things were coming to an end between them. If Oscar still held such powers over the King, it was unlikely that His Majesty would still want to sleep with Tegan once the person he loves so much returned. Would they get together for real this time? Or would Oscar stay true to his decision and avoid any kind of intimate relationships with the King? What if nothing changed and the King just wants Tegan to keep sleeping with him? 

"Tegan, are you awake?" the King's warm breathing and light kiss touched him on the forehead, "Rise and shine, my love."

Tegan flinched inward. What did the King say just now? 

"Tegan, Percy sent a letter," he looked up at the King's soft voice, "Here."

The wax used to put the seal was silvery and shiny. But the handwriting wasn't one familiar to Tegan. But then again, perhaps the Prince's handwriting changed over the years. 

"You must be happy, Your Majesty. You'll see him soon after so many years," Tegan said as he read the letter. It said the Prince will be visiting his brother for the winter season and he would depart at the onset of spring the next year. The noble children who went with him would be coming with him and after his stay, they would go back to Metteore, too...except...

"Chrysanthe...Reveka is thinking of marrying her off this time..." Tegan murmured. The children...who left this kingdom several years ago would be all grown up now and their childhood is left behind. Now they must accept the adult world and life. It was sad. Tegan suddenly felt sorry for those children. They would marry or take up their family duties and never be able to live carefree ever again. 

"You look glum all of a sudden, Tegan," the King came round the table and touched Tegan's cheek, "What is it?"

"Nothing, Your Majesty. If they all return, Elijah and Levi would be happy to see them again. I hope they all can spend this short period of time in happiness together."

"Tegan, would you not think about Asha's marriage? She's around Percy's age...Oscar, me and Marquess Theon's twins were of the same age. They're both married now. What about Asha?"

"I've been thinking about it. If she has someone she likes, then I'd like to marry her off to that person. But if not...the only noble sons eligible for marriage are the ones she grew up with, after all. It wouldn't be too easy. I hope she has someone she likes, rather."

"You're so free minded, Tegan. I love that about you," the King bent and kissed Tegan on the mouth. 

"Your Majesty, I just ate..."

"Me, too...we smell and taste the same," the kissing continued. 

***

Tegan greeted the group along with Reveka and Sir Nero. Duke Severus was with the King, on their way back from visiting the hunting grounds. This will be Roman's first hunting trip after becoming King.