Chapter 1: Fallen Hero

Legend:

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic/God Speaking"

*Sound Effects*

(Author Notes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are only really a few stories to tell in the end, and betrayal and the failure of love is one of those good stories to tell." - Sean Lennon

(Before we begin here is some additional information:

1. There is currently NOT a love interest for this story, I am more so focused on showing Peter's fall and his rise to be a more darker hero, but if you have a request do let me know

2. This fanfic is a combination of all the Marvel content I currently know which consists of: The MCU, Marvel Comics, and the Insomniac Spider-Man games (which I'm still trying to finish), along with my own personal headcanons and small little details that I will be changing

3. The timeline will be altered to suit the narrative of the story, so if something doesn't make sense, ask in a comment and I'll answer

4. Enjoy the story)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peter Parker sat on top of the Empire State Building dressed in the blue and red spandex outfit he had always worn, watching New York City and seeing if any crime was happening. But parts of the outfit were torn up or had various stains across the suit. Of course, Peter had been expecting this, why wouldn't he? It's been going on for several months now, and it's all Otto Octavius's fault, and Peter was held responsible.

Otto had swapped their minds, putting Otto in control of Peter's body, announcing himself as the Superior Spider-Man, and destroying Spider-Man's reputation with the public, his friends and close family and his relationships with the other heroes, now most of them had distanced themselves from Peter and made him stay away from their bases. However, some of the heroes, a small number of the vigilantes, and certain members of each superhero team believed Peter and tried to help him.

When Otto was in control, the mad scientist had been more aggressive and more violent against criminals, believing that breaking their bones or killing them would show other villains not to mess with him, along with his hundred spider drones that were released into the city, but they were hacked by Norman Osborn, the Green Goblin, and used them to destroy the city. Otto, at that time, had brought Peter back to clean up his mess but the damage was already done.

The Avengers had disabled his access into the building and if he even approached the building or swung near it, a squad of Iron Man sentries would be around the building to force him away, so Peter had kept his distance from them.

The Fantastic Four had done the same but Susan Storm went the extra mile and forbade him from being near Valeria and Franklin, the son and daughter of Susan and Reed Richards, and if he did, nothing would stop her from making him regret it.

The X-Men had forbidden him from entering the grounds of the academy, and on some occasions, Peter would be attacked by Cyclops if Peter found a mutant and brought them to the academy, so Peter had stopped doing that as well.