Chapter 6: The Flames of Spider-Man

Legend:

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic/God Speaking"

*Sound Effects*

(Author Notes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Most men lead lives of quiet desperation,' - Henry David Thoreau

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please tell me there's more alcohol" Kaine wined sitting against the bar while rubbing his temples as he listened to the yelling amongst the Avengers, Web Warriors, Fantastic Four, and X-Men

"I wish" Ben added, tilting an empty glass, while looking towards the commotion as Tony Stark was arguing with Julia Carpenter while looking at other conversations around the room, "Want to bet who's going to win the catfight?"

"Hm... psychic Spider-Woman or billionaire with a shit ton of world-destroying weapons... Iron Man" Kaine said somewhat disappointed at his vote

"Makes sense," Ben said as he turned towards the argument and looked around the room, "Do you have a needle?"

Kaine looked at his brother with a confused and disgusted look on his face.

"First off, why do you need a needle? Second, why would you assume I had a needle? Three, why do you need a needle?" Kaine asked

"One, the tension in the room could be popped by a needle, two you're the guy with those Assassin Creed stabby things in your wrists, and three, like I said, the tension in this room could be popped by a needle," Ben said bringing up his hands one by one while having a smile on his face.

"..." Kaine was quiet as he put his hands together and his head into them while screaming out before looking at his brother "Fuck you, Ben"

"Whoa, sorry I don't see you that way Kaine, you are my brother and all that" Ben joked causing Kaine to scream out more,

"It would be better if we went after Spider-Man! The Negative Zone would hold him and-" Iron Man yelled at Julia who stood her ground,

"Oh yeah, like all the other super-powered individuals who didn't register during the Civil War right?" Julia asked sarcastically crossing her arms remembering her own time in that damn Prison, "Peter needs time, time that you don't seem to value! He was tortured by his arch nemesis for four goddamn years, were you expecting him to stay sane when he came back from the dead?!"

"I was expecting him to know how to be a superhero, not a psychopath!" Tony responded, "We all have morals and Peter forgot them when he killed Green Goblin and attacked all of us"

"Oh, so the fact that you, Steve, Clint, and Scott Summers all wanted to hurt him and toss him away shouldn't have put him on edge?" Julia asked folding her arms,

"It would have been better if he had simply surrendered or we took him down!" Tony yelled back,

"Iron Man's right!" Cyclops joined in and so did Hawkeye who nodded agreeing with them, "The pathetic homo-sapien should have been arrested, hes likely causing trouble out there as we speak!"

Meanwhile, Miles stood to the side with the remaining members of the Web Warriors: Gwen, Cindy, and Jessica. Anya hadn't returned to the Tower and instead went with Kamala and Hope to wherever they were staying. Miles remembered the events of last week with how Peter had acted and all he wanted to do was find his mentor, check up on him, and help him as much as he possibly could. Gwen couldn't believe what had happened yesterday, she had been one of the few to get all of the bodies out of the city, and when she saw the dead body of Green Goblin, everything told her Peter needed help, either from his friends, professionally or just anything that would show he mattered. Cindy couldn't focus, every thought of hers was thinking of Peter, she had originally thought her feelings for him, or rather the pheromones would have faded between them, and they did but seeing Peter yesterday, what he had become, made her worried about his mental state. Jessica meanwhile had been trying to keep her emotions in, she remebered when she had gone to save Peter only to fail miserable, but when she saw him again, she was so happy, but then everything went downhill for all of them.