Chapter 8: Perfect Machine

Legend:

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic/God Speaking"

*Sound Effects*

(Author Notes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone." - Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Deadly Spider-Man chuckled as he looked at everyone around him. The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, The X-Force, and now members of the Web Warriors all surrounded him, along with Moon Knight and Tigra to the side. The Deadly Spider-Man smirked as he looked at each and every one of them.

'What are you waiting for Peter? Start the fire, and let it burn your 'friends' to the ground. They're even working with hypocrites like the Thunderbolts' Mephisto's voice said into his head.

Peter smirked as the flames that sparked from his hands ignited deeper into his skin as he looked around at all of his friends, his students, and his brothers and sister. Peter stood up straight and chuckled to himself.

'Now... start the fire!' Mephisto's voice yelled in Peter's head as the Deadly Spider-Man jumped into the air and fired several pyro-webs around the area separating some of the heroes before he jumped towards the Thunderbolts leader Helmut Zemo and Songbird, using his claw hand to burn off part of Zemo's mask.

Zemo touched the right side of his mask, and then at Peter. He nodded at the hero.

"Not bad Peter" Zemo said, and then swung his sword, before pointing it at the hero, "Let us see what else you can do"

Zemo thrust forward swinging his sword at the Deadly Spider-Man who dodged around the attacks relying on his Spider-Sense to move around them, until it triggered again as he jumped to the side avoiding an attack from Songbird who stood beside her boyfriend. Songbird focused her power and fired several scream attacks at Peter, forcing him to dodge around them, as he then fired two webs one at Songbird's mouth and one at her stomach at an attempt to pull her towards him only for Zemo to cut the webs. Songbird attempted to remove the webbing from her mouth but failed to do so only for the flames to catch fire as she screamed in pain releasing her powers.

Zemo glared at Peter before rushing at him slashing his sword at the hero only for him to eventually grab it and then slash through it breaking it and then grabbing his head and bringing it down to his knee destroying his mask and knocking him out. Peter turned towards Songbird with an obvious burn around her mouth.

"You'll pay for-" Songbird began only for Peter to fire another web at her mouth and then pull her towards him and then slammed her down to the ground knocking her out. The Deadly Spider-Man began to step towards Songbird and ignited his hands and raised them to the air

"Now... you will-"

But before he could finish the Human Torch had punched him in the face sending him near one of the windows of the Avengers Tower, as he looked up to face him, as Captain America and Wolverine stood beside him.

"Stand down Spider-Man!" Captain America commanded the web-slinger,

"In what world would I listen to a fool like you!" Peter yelled at the captain as flames spread through the black lines of the suit, "You abandoned me! So I will make sure that no one will save you from my wrath!"