I summoned the King Of The Underworld (Part 6)

I gave a nod as I walked to the kitchen with Luke. I was a bit hungry, and still shaken up. I sat on a stool by the counter, checking my phone as Luke cooked something up. "How does one apologize to their best friend....to their best friend that was in love with them."

Luke paused, giving a sigh. "It won't be easy, Percy...just tell him the truth. He never made a move so how could you have known?" He questioned, looking over at me.

"...you're right...I just still feel bad." I shrugged. "I think...I want to go back home today for the remainder of the month..."

Luke nodded, he understood of course. "Okay. I know you must miss your mother...waffles are almost done by the way." He hummed.

"Yeah...I do miss her and I want to spend some time with her before I come back here for 5 months." Percy smiled a little. "Maybe Grover and Annabeth won't hate me."

Luke smiled slightly, setting the plate down in front of Percy and handed him the syrup. "I'm sure you can fix things. Also, when you're back with your mom...can you work on some kinda grocery list? Near the end of the month before I bring you back I need to pick up some more food for ya."

I blinked a couple of times...processing. "Oh yeah—yeah. I'll set a reminder to do that—thank you by the way." I replied as I put a bit of syrup on my pancakes and started to eat. I had to prepare to go back home after this.

"I'm going to go feed the hellhounds...I'll be quick." Luke replies as he kissed my cheek and left down the hall to the feeding room. Luckily, it's barely audible if you're in the kitchen.

10 minutes flew by and I was done with my breakfast...Luke had just come back and cleaned up the dishes. "Sorry took me a little longer. Ran into some trouble." He said with a shrug. "Now...ready to get back home?"

I gave a nod. "Yes—I just need to go grab my bag-" I replied as I quickly ran to our room, grabbing my bag before returning back to the kitchen. "Okay ready."

Luke grabs my hand, and within mere seconds I was back home...in my room. "I'll see you in a month." I said with a gentle smile.

"See you soon, love." Luke replies before vanishing.

"Mom?" I called out as I left my room.

Sally smiled as she walked out into the hallway, "Percy! You're back home!" She beams, "how long are you staying?"

"The rest of this month, don't worry mom." I said as I gave her a gentle, brief hug. "Did Grover and Annabeth stop by again?"

"Not yet...I'm sorry..." she says softly, releasing the hug.

My happiness quickly subsided from the news, but I knew they were still upset with me. "That's okay. I just want to be able to apologize...sometime this month."

"Then sometime this month...I could make a big meal? We can all get together then"

I nodded. "Sounds great mom...thank you."

~~~~~~~~
A/N: 534 words
~~~~~~
Soooo I've returned? Sorry for the short chapter. Im very fixated on Bungo Stray Dogs right now and busy with work everyday.