Run-through

Alright, let's do this quickly, because I'm going to be tardy for the ball if I keep myself busy for too long.

I was practicing my latte glyphs in my study when I got the letter delivered to me. It was a light pink in color and was very pleasing to look at from the way the envelope was folded in a way different from usual to the darker pink wax seal that held it closed.

Inside was a letter from Hollyberry Cookie, Pure Vanilla Cookie and King Dark Cacao Cookie. The letter, of course, was about the Hollyberrian ball. I was really excited, and then Madeleine called me. I was sitting at the desk in my study, which is a slightly poorly lit but aesthetically nice room. That's just because I like to use string lights to decorate it.

Ah, right, so I opened the letter- no- Madeleine called and told me he had just received a letter for the same ball, and we talked about it for a little. Then he asked me if I knew anyone else attending and I told him no, because of course I had just gotten the letter myself. Then Espresso was calling me! (A bit ironic, right?) So I left the call with Madeleine, not without saying a quick goodbye, of course, and joined the call with Espresso. He asked me how I was doing and I asked him the same question, to which he replied with the fact that he had gotten a letter, too.

Ah, or maybe I called him to see if he had gotten a letter. Mhm, yes, I think that's how it went. Sorry, I am in a tiny bit of a rush. Although I guess it couldn't be too terrible to be a little late to the ball.

Anyway, Espresso said he wouldn't go to the ball unless someone could somehow get him an outfit. Written out, it sounds like a selfish thing for him to say, but I do know very well that he isn't exactly well-off, and he is also a very busy cookie.

Oh, no, he said he couldn't go because he didn't have an outfit, and then I offered to get him one. Sorry, I'm a bit of a mess right now.

Almost as soon as he said that, I was sure I should tell Madeleine. I knew he would love if Espresso could go to the ball, so I told Espresso I would find a way to get him an outfit if he agreed to go. He agreed (reluctantly) and I lied, saying someone else was calling me so I could call Madeleine as soon as possible. I get that might have been not a great thing to do, but what is done is done.

So of course, I immediately called Madeleine out of sheer excitement and told him about what Espresso had said. Unsurprisingly, Madeleine enthusiastically said he could get Espresso something to wear from Mont Blanc's place just as long as I never told it was him that got it. I still don't know why he asked me to do that, but I'm guessing it must just be that he wanted to do a kind gesture unnoticed or something. Although that really doesn't sound like anything Madeleine would do.

Ah, anyway, two or three days later I decided to go to Mont Blanc's place myself to get an outfit. I do have plenty of nice clothes, but I also plan to clean out my closet soon, and I don't exactly have anything to wear to a grand ball. I went to the Upper City from my home in the Magic City of Parfaedia in a carriage and to Mont Blanc's boutique, where she greets me and I tell her about the ball. She said Madeleine and a few other cookies had just recently been in to see her about the ball, as well. I sat down in front of her desk to talk to her about the outfit and the prices, and she quickly made a sketch while going over everything with me, then measured me when I confirmed it looked good.

I decided to go with a lighter outfit, because in the invitation it said to wear either a light neutral color or dark neutral color.

Just as I was going through my bag while holding a conversation with Mont Blanc, the bell above the door that signaled someone had opened it rang, and Madeleine stepped in. I invited him to sit with us, so he did. I handed Mont Blanc a bag of gems, she counted them, and then went into the back room to get Espresso's outfit that she had made.

Oh, yes, I missed a small detail. Before this, I had already told Madeleine I would deliver Espresso's outfit to him. Just thought it would make sense for me to clear that up.

Right, so soon after Madeleine and I walked out of the boutique. Mont Blanc had already put Espresso's outfit in a pink box, so I took it from Madeleine, telling him I could deliver it in that hour because I had to go to the Lower City for something either way. (I was going to meet Raspberry Cookie at this small restaurant we both really enjoy called 'Noodle House'. I highly recommend trying their chow mien, it is the best food I have ever had)

I remember while I was in the carriage on my way to the lower city, I was thinking to myself;
This feels like some sort of weird, one sided love story, but of course it would have to be with Madeleine involved. Not to say Madeleine is dramatic or anything- well- yes he is, but not to say he does this often. Oh, maybe I should stop reading such strange books about fictional love and such. Actually, it's just a little bit "cringe" now that I say it out loud.