Arrival Point

Well, now that I've made it, I will admit that the Hollyberry Palace is a bit bigger then I remember. I thought it was smaller; I guess the last time I was here was a few months ago though, and I go to a lot of different royal places (even outside of Crispia) so it can be difficult to keep track.

There aren't many cookies here yet. Mostly everybody hasn't arrived, which is fine, because I'm actually a half-hour early right now. The sun hasn't set over the thick jungle surrounding the palace yet, either. I guess that's one of the perks of it being summer in this kingdom. I never actually liked summer that much. It gets really hot under all my armor. Luckily I don't have to wear it right now, but this season in the Hollyberry kingdom is never cool, even at night.

At the very least, I'm sure as the dusk approaches it'll become a little less unbearable to wear the thick clothing I am.

I walk inside through the big open entrance. I don't recognize most of the cookies here yet, but a lot of them seem to know me, because some turn as their friends point and whisper, and one comes up to me rather excitedly and starts talking.

"You're Ser Madeleine Cookie? The Ser Madeleine Cookie?" The cookie asks, excitement rising in his voice. He's wearing deep purple and brown colored clothes, and just from the patterns and style of them I can tell he's from the Dark Cacao kingdom, or somewhere around that area.

"Why, oui, je suis!" I respond proudly, flipping a piece of my gorgeous blonde hair that hangs down in front of my shoulder behind me.

"Wow, I'm a really big fan. I just adore how confident and strong you are, and how you always help those in need!" He exclaims.

I laugh, silently agreeing with this cookie. He's pretty short, or is compared to me, because I have to look down on him (Although most cookies are shorter then me anyways). Based on his actions and tones thus far I'd probably guess he's around his early 20s. I wonder how such a young cookie got an invitation to this ball.

There's music playing from the orchestra mixed with the quiet chatter of everyone around. Up the stairs on the opposite side of the room on the balcony looking out into the ball area stands Hollyberry, Pure Vanilla, Dark Cacao and Golden Cheese cookies, all conversing happily and occasionally sipping on their drinks, which looks to be some sort of yellow-ish bubbly slightly alcoholic drink in tall glasses. I guess my eyesight must be pretty good, if I can see all that from here.

"Well, thank you. I always appreciate cookies like you." I respond to his compliment. "And I can see your vision, with the whole confident and strong thing." I smile at him, and he laughs a bit. Even though I'm wearing something I really wouldn't usually wear, one being a champagne colored suit with small blue accents, it must be pretty easy to recognize such a handsome and popular cookie like me if so many other cookies around the ballroom have already started whispering about me.

Just as the cookie from the Dark Cacao kingdom hurries away to the call of his company, I turn around to face the entrance and spot Latte Cookie coming up the grand stairs. She's wearing a slim light brown dress decorated with white swirls and slightly darker lining, and looks nothing but well put together.

I walk over to her, greeting her nonchalantly with a wave of my hand. "Hey, Latte Cookie. How's it going?"

She smiles and goes to my side, leading me farther away from the entrance to walk and talk. Her hair is done up nicely in a tight bun at the back of her head, leaving just the very front parts loose to hang by her face. She's also wearing a pretty prominent brown witch hat that resembles the one she usually wears, only this one is decorated with silver linings, and is a little smaller.

"I'm doing alright, you?"

"I'm the same as any other day-" I start blandly, letting out a half-joking sigh. "-Blond and beautiful."