Exhausted

I walk out of the bathroom. There was no alternative clothing I can wear, because I didn't quite expect to either be staying the night or getting my own blood all over myself, so I suppose I'll just have to take off the outer layers and live with the slightly uncomfortably tight-fitting black shirt I have underneath this iron smelling suit before I fall asleep, which I will most definitely do tonight unlike the majority of any other nights.

To my surprise and satisfaction, Madeleine is still here. I had assumed he would have left already to finish the party, but I suppose he does have some patience in him. Either that or he's just about as exhausted as I am.

"Are you all good?" He says simply. He's sat himself down on the floor 'criss-cross-applesauce' style (as he likes to call it) in front of the entrance door.

I nod. "I'm alright. Tired, is all."

He sighs. "Me, too. Hope it isn't too late to request a room for myself." He laughs half-heartedly.

I'm most definitely going to regret this. "That will only be inefficient for Hollyberry Cookie. You could probably just stay in here tonight." I say in the absolute most normal tone I possibly can despite my brain shutting down function and destroying itself from the inside after that. I'm well aware of my dirty appearance, which only makes it worse. How unflattering- embarrassing at the very least.

"Theres only one bed." Madeleine points out nervously, as though he for some strange reason assumes I haven't already thought of that, or observed it even. I shrug. "It's a large bed."

He nods. "It makes sense. I'm too tired to go out and ask anyway." He smiles, getting up from his spot on the floor and walking over to me. What a horrible feeling I suddenly have- like my heart has both stopped beating and is louder then ever at the same time, and like my stomach is in my throat. He stands in front of me, face red enough to notice. "I just need to change." He says simply. Ah, yes, I am indeed standing directly in front of the only bathroom. I step to the side.

What a sort of disgusting and amazing feeling that was. I hope it never happens again. He goes into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him while I move over to where the bed is, taking off the cape and two outer layers of suit jackets, dropping them on the floor, before folding the large blanket over itself and climbing into the bed. It's more comfortable then my own, although that isn't saying much due to the fact that my mattress was from a garage sale where I found it a few years back.

I suppose I'll have to try and give him another chance. If he really has changed his mind about the Lower Civilians, maybe it couldn't be all too bad.

Quickly, I drift off into sleep, and the room is dark.