Prologue

Azreall Faith Villareal, RCh. Top 7 on the CLE 2023.

As she read the chat from her professor, she immediately knew that she would be bombarded with messages later in her instagram. She was expecting this but becoming part of the topnotchers is just a whole new level.

Azreall sighed and closed her phone before walking out of her room. Tahimik ang buong kabahayan at ang natitirang bukas na ilaw ay ang sa may kusina. Why is it open though? Did he finally had the balls to show himself to me?

Tahimik siyang bumaba habang nakikinig sa kalalabas lang na album ni Taylor Swift entitled Midnights. Nang makababa si Azreall ay dumiretso naman agad siya sa kusina to see if he was there.

He wasn't.

There were not a single person inside the kitchen but there was small bento cake at the center, a bouquet of white tulips and a rectangular box. Nang lapitan niya iyon ay agad nitong nabasa ang nakasulat sa maliit na cake. It was coated with white icing and the written words were blue.

Congratulations!

Underneath the cake was a small piece of paper which she immediately reached for.

Open the box for your gift. I hope you like it. See you when the next full moon comes.

Napakunot ang noo ni Azreall. This is the first time of him indicating a certain time on when I will be seeing him. Usually it's just "see you soon" or "soon". She pursed her lips and shook her head before getting the rectangular box.

When she opened the box, a silver necklace welcomed her sight. It had a pearl pendant which was so elegant to see. Mabilis niya iyong kinuha mula sa kahon at isinuot bago inilagay muli ang box. Azreall glanced at the cake and decided to put it on the refrigerator for awhile since she was not in the mood for some cakes. Kinuha niya rin naman iyong tulips saka inilagay iyon sa vase na walang laman. She arranged it carefully until she was satisfied with it's look.

Today not only marks for her passing on the board exam, but as well the day that he bought her from her abusive parents. Not only that he had to pay 20 million to have her, he also paid for everything that she has today. From her clothes, her foods, her gadgets and everything, but the consequences are quite dreadful as she is married to him.

Azreall is married to a man whom she never even met.

How was it possible? She don't know. But she has all the original copies of their marriage certificates. It's funny though cause she's like married to an invisible man, because his name isn't even written on the papers.

Basically, Azreall is clueless of who he is, his age, his job, everything. She's even scared that maybe he's an old russian mafia who will kill her in the future and will just use her for pleasure.

"Good evening, Lady Azreall." Bati bigla nang butler niyang si Frederick Hau. He was wearing a black suite and was holding a lot of papers. "Good evening, did he come here earlier?" She asked nonchalantly.

Please say yes...

"Fortunately, yes. He personally delievered the cake, bouquet and his gift. After that, we talked some important matters before he flew abroad to meet a client." He said and placed the papers to the table. "I see," tugon niya.

"Do still have some questions, lady?" He asked. His letter... "When is the next full moon happening?" Kyuryusong tanong nito.

Napakunot bahagya ang noo nito at napaisip. "If I've read the calendar right, it will be on the 27th of November. Why is that, lady?" He asked.

"Nothing, may naalala lang ako. You can go to your room now, I'll just call you if I need something." Azreall said. He bowed his head. "Of course." Kinuha niya muli ang mga papeles niya at naglakad patungo sa nag-iisang kwarto sa first floor.

Si Azreall naman ay dumiretso sa sala at naupo sa mahabang sofa bago binuksan ang tv. She went to Netflix and decided to watch Barbie Charm School since she don't know what to watch. While the show was just starting, Azreall went back to the kitchen to get some ice cream. Nang makuha ang cup sized ng cookies and cream ay bumalik din agad siya sa sala.

She watched the movie to pass the time. When she was at the climax, my phone suddenly vibrated. Inis nitong binitawan ang cup at isinubo ang kutsara sa bibig bago iyon binuksan.

Her brows immediately furrowed when an unfamiliar number came to her view. Nang buksan niya ito ay binasa agad niya ang mensahe na nakalagay doon.

Save my number. I'll text when I'm going home.

She suddenly froze. Tinanggal nito sa bibig ang kutsara at nagmartsa patungo sa kwarto ni Frederick. She knocked once and he immediately opened it.

"Is this his number?" May halong gulat at takot na tanong niya . Frederick immediately checked it before nodding. "I see that he is slowly revealing his self to you, Lady. Ready yourself."

"Why?" She asked and stared at his message. "Lord Vanier is a different kind of person. Follow everything that he says as he gets mad easily. Also, never disturb him when he's in his room, he might suddenly kill you." Fredrick was serious with what he was saying.

Azreall gulped and suddenly froze on her spot. So he's really what I think he is.

"Frederick, when is November 27th?" Tanong niya para sana ihanda niya ang sarili niya. He opened his phone and checked. "Tomorrow, Lady Azreall."

Shit.