Chapter - 5 : Mulakaat 1

Naina again adjusted the window and leaned to her seat,
" But Kanha, tum toh mere liye cab book karne wale the na? Ab bus se mujhe Chandigarh jaana padega? ...."
She asked nervously...

Kanha - " Areee... Baarish ke wajah se Harsh Bhaiyya ne apne booking cancel kardi he, maine thodi na unko bola ki humari Naina ko logonse allergy he, especially Delhi walon se. Isilye aap bahana karke use bus mein bitadooo...." his words got paused as Sayuri pinched him hard,

" Yeh lo. Ab banda mazak bhi nahi kar sakta?..."

Naina - " Yeh Harsh Bhaiyya kaun he??..."
She asked doubtfully

Kanha - " Harsh...Bhaiyya... wahi yaar lift me up cab Wale. Yaaar Nainu ab tu mujhpe Shaq karegi? "
His voice was filled with sadness and innocence

Naina - " Nahii Nahii... Woh toh main achanak itne logo ke beech mein aagayi toh..."
Her words turned incoherent...

Sayuri snatched the phone and spoke,
" Naina... Is Kanha ko samunder mein pheko, aur mere baath suno. I know tum nervous ho. Itne saal baad apne shahar ke pass jaana aur dar ki kahin apni ateet se mulakat na ho... Yeh sub feelings normal he.
But Naina, main aur Vihaan tumhare saath he..."

Kanha shouted in background,
" Count me in...."

Sayuri totally ignoring him,
" I really donno exactly what happened with you. But still I believe ki tum strong ho, khudko sambhal sakti ho.
Tumhe bus Chandigarh jaake Shetty uncle ko Mysore Pak ( Sweets ) Dena he aur lease agreement renew karke aana he... Sirf Itna..."

Naina repeated her words,
" Sirf itna hi...."

Sayuri as if talking to a two year old kid,
" Aur tumhe ghabrahat ho toh, scarf pehenlena. Tumhara chehra bhi koyi nahi dekega. Naa hi tumhe pehchanega..."

Kanha hugged Sayu from back and whispered to phone,
" Aur kisise baat bhi math karna. Kisine poocha toh bolna ki, tu baat nahi kar sakti... tu goongi he. Fir window pe sir rakh ke so jaana..."

Naina again repeated his words, just like a parrot,
" Theekh he..."

They ended the call as the bus was ready to leave the Delhi bus stand.

In all these chaos of making herself invisible, she totally missed the moment until someone's elbow brushed her shoulder...

" Oh... Sorry jii... Woh galti se haath...."
That man hurriedly engaged himself in apologising, noticing her shocked face...

Naina - " Huda!!!!. "
That word spontaneously slipped from her mouth...all the overthinking work her brain used to do, seemed to have collapsed under the weight of Huda's suspicious eyes...

Huda - " Ek mint.... Ek mint...Kyaa bola jii aapne, apni meeti meeti awas se.... Huda..." Keeping the hand on his heart,

" Haayeee... Huda... itne pyaar se toh meri Babita jii ne bhi nahi bulaya mujhe...."
His overacting didn't effect Naina's thoughts, and another blunder occurred...

Naina - " Bhains kabse baat karne lagi?..."
Her words sounded meek but not to Huda's soldier ears.

Huda - " Babita jii Bhains nahi... Mere Ghar ke nahii nahii humare pure pind ki jaaneman he.... Aur toh...."
Suddenly his words paused as his soldier's instinct warned him something...

" Tu is Huda ko bhi jaanti he aur meri Babita jii ko bhi. Woh bhi mere khud batane ke phehle se hi... Kahin tu koyi...."

Naina cluched her scarf and tightened it around the corner,
" Main goongi hu... " as her mouth pulled the nearest word that found in the hurricane present in her heart and brain...

Huda smiled notoriously,
" Wahi jisko bolne wali goongi kehte he.. wahi na? ... "
He scanned her face clearly trying to remember her name or address... But the database well settled in his mind failed to find anyone...

Naina abruptly stood up and tried to get down from the bus....

Huda - " Areee... Aree.... Aisa kyaa kar daala is Huda ne ki tu uthke chalne lagii...."
He pulled the bag she was holding with all her dear life....

Naina - " Mujhe... utarna he... "
She uttered not at all trying to meet his eyes...

Huda - " abhi bus chalu bhi hogayi thi...itne raat ko is raaste mein jaane wala bus dusra milega bhi nahi tumhe... "
He snatched her bag and few items fell down due to the struggle...

Naina - " Mujhe bus jaana he....."
She cluched her half empty handbag, almost one step away from calling Kanha... Or Sanjh...

Huda - " Mummijii ki kasam... Main bilkul tang nahi karunga tujhe..."
He tried to salvage the matter as everyone around them paying attention to the scene...

Naina stopped and looked around... She felt helpless, seeing all eyes on her.. she strengthened her scarf not leaving her nostrils, to breath.. In all these drama she failed to notice her sketch book scattered on the ground and a picture on full display...

A pair of eyes which was dearest to her heart...

And Huda's eyes captured the very moment..

" Kaidi..." His brain supplied the data....

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Hey Yaaras,

I've lost the touch of writing, expressing the emotions, creating dialogues with love... And I almost lost the touch of watty and Raina 💔

I donno how I'm going to end the stories, but I've confidence in the writer of life would allow me this much...

Love You, for patiently waiting for me to give the updates...

Aapki,
Gumshuda Writer 🤍