6- inspirational speeches TM

Aru's pov--

The rest of the journey was pretty uneventful. Aru gave Brynne a whole packet of Oreos and was rewarded in her undying friendship. Aiden let slip that Rudy and him were cousins, causing Rudy to annoying-little-brother him for the journey. Nikita judged everyone's outfits. Well, more insulted everyone's outfits. But eventually the journey was over.

"Everyone please form an orderly queue! We will be having our first lot of filming inside." Came a voice from the front. It was similar to the sulky voice her math teacher had made when he had stepped on a Lego piece. All the kids trailed into a cluster that was vaguely queue-like in an abstract way.

Meanwhile, Nikita went full-blown panic.

"Filming? No-one told me there would be filming on the first day! I thought it would be a few days in! Do you think I would dress this casually for a normal day!" She gestured to her incredibly stylish outfit as if it were a hot dog costume, before continuing her rambling, "What kind of image does this project? I look like I spent less than an hour picking this out!" She desperately searched her bag for any sort of accessories. Even Aru felt sorry for her.

"It's only headshots, Nikita." Kara told her.

"Oh, thank goodness my hair is okay," Nikita almost folded in relief. "Even though someone almost ruined it."
Nikita shot her a dirty look. Aru's sympathy vanished.

After yet another shout from the sulky-sounding guy at the front, and the queue became an actual line.

~~~

"Names?"

Aru looked up. She had been in the line for a while, and had to zoned out, trying to think of the countless combinations of oreos and Swedish Fish she could make in the hotel. But even good dreams have to end.

The receptionist held a pen, and waited, looking as if they'd rather be anywhere else than here.

"Names?" They repeated.

"A-aru Shah." she murmured, still not fully functional.

"Aiden Acharya.'' Aiden said after.

"Are you a couple?" Asked the person without looking up. Aru and Aiden exchanged startled, if not horrified glances.

"Um, I..."

"I don't think that's really relevant?" Aiden offered.

"As in team members, I think my associate means," someone said.

The person in front of her was the owner of Math-teacher-sulky-voice (yes, she was planning to Trademark) and he looked distinctly bird-like. He was short for a start. And his eyes were slightly more wide spaced than most peoples, and a wrinkle around the outside of his slightly hooked nose made him look like a worn out pigeon.

"Yeah! Team members!" Aiden jumped in, "Thank you Mr..."

"Subala, one of your other chaperones" the pigeon man finished.

Pigeon-man, Aru thought. Not very catchy. Subala isn't either... How about...

"Boo!" Aru exclaimed aloud.

"Sorry, pardon?" Said Subala

"That's your name now." Aru told him.

"You can't just change someone's name, Aru!" Aiden whispered, looking halfway between distressed and awed.

"I just did!" Aru pointed out.

"You have to admit, Boo suits you," the receptionist added, apparently enjoying their job a lot more now.