Epilogue

"Where are we heading?" I asked K, kanina pa kasi ito nagdadrive. Ala una pa lang ng hapon at kanina lang niya rin ako sinabihan na may pupuntahan daw kami. Wala siya paggising ko ng umaga ng tanungin ko si Uno ay hindi rin niya alam. And when she went home ay agad lang niya akong pinapasok sa kotse at dinala niya narin si Uno. Something is fishy but I cannot pin point what is it. 

Uno is busy playing minecraft in the backseat while I am seating in the front seat, annoying K to tell me where we are exactly heading. Pa north kasi ang daan na tinatahak niya. Are we going to Daanbantayan? Out of all the sudden? 

"K, tell me where we are going?" Iritado kong tanong pero nginitian lang niya ako. Since she came back she was wearing a big smile. And nothing can seem to wipe it off. 

"You are being weird." I commented pero tinawanan lang niya ako. Is she going crazy? Nabagok ba ang ulo niya? 

She reached out my hand and guided it towards her lips and kissed it. This gesture of her will always be a top tier to me. 

"Where are we going love?" I asked calmly. She smiled at me and then pointed the north direction. 

"Are you ready to meet my family?" She asked and winked at me. My mouth went agape. What does she mean by that? I am meeting her family? In this clothes that I am wearing?

"What? Why didn't you said it beforehand? Look at me, I am not dressed properly. What will they say to me?" I asked hysterically but she just shushed me. 

"Calm down my woman, whatever you wear you are still beautiful. What is wrong with shorts and plain white shirt?" She asked as she gave me a quick glance. I rolled my eyes at her and stared at my attire. 

"This is not a desired outfit to wear when meeting the parents K." I reasoned out but she just laughed and focused in driving. Tumahimik na lang din ako. 

Matapos ang isang oras ay huminto na ang kotse sa isang mapunong lugar. The place is gated and it was surrounded by vines and greenery which I really like. Lumabas na kaming tatlo sa sasakyan. 

"Your parents are here?" I asked her when she went near me. Kinuha niya ang kamay ko at maingat akong kinaladkad papasok. She is awfully quiet which really bothers me. Nakasunod sa amin si Uno na hanggang ngayon ay busy parin sa paglalaro. 

"Yes my parents, my biological mother whom you haven't met and my adoptive parents. They are here love." She replied as we walk in the stone pathway. I was taken aback how she called me love. This must be the first time, if my memory serves me right. I looked confused as I wander my eyes in the surrounding. I love the view and I love how she hold my hand in a gentle way. Like it was very fragile. 

Papunta kami sa isang bahay kubo. An open one. Napapalibutan ito ng mga bulaklak and there were long wooden table in the center. 

"What's happening?" I asked, very confused with everything. She just left early in the morning and now she's acting weird. 

Instead of answering me she guided me to come inside the bahay kubo. Napalingon naman ako sa paligid ng may marinig akong tugtug ng violin. The song was familiar. Ilang segundong lumipas ay unti-unti kong natatanaw ang mga kaibigan ko na naglalakad sa linakaran naming pathway kanina. They are heading towards us and they are holding sunflowers. Nang makarating si Luiz at Marie sa aking harapan ay agad din nilang binigay sa akin ang sunflowers na dala nila. They gave me a smile and I was about to ask them what's happening pero pumunta na sila sa likod ko. I haven't even blink yet pero tanaw ko na naman ang mga kaibigan ni K. Lahat ng mga classmate niya ay nandito. They were holding sunflowers. Kagaya ng ginawa ng mga kaibigan ko kanina, they handed me the flowers one by one as they gave a warm smile to me. Jinky and Angel even looked at me with teary eyes. 

I don't really know what is happening. They sat down in the chairs kasama ang mga kaibigan ko na ngayo'y nakaupo na pinanunuod ako. 

I looked in front of me and I was shock to see Uno and Maya with the parents of K. And another woman this must be her biological mother. She looks a lot like her. 

The music change and another familiar song was played. It was a live singing kaya luminga linga ako para mahanap kung sino ang kumakanta. 

"Hija, welcome to the family." Saad ng mommy ni K at niyakap ako. Hindi ko man alam ang pangyayari ay yinakap ko na lang din siya. K's father smiled at me and tapped my shoulder. While her biological mother were covering her mouth and was stopping herself from crying. 

"Salamat sa pagdating mo sa buhay niya anak." She hugged me and I awkwardly return the hug. tumingin ako kay K ng nagtatanong kung ana ba talaga ang nangyayari. She gave me a wild smile and got the box Maya was holding. Nakatayo lang pala sila sa gilid ni K at ang parents naman niya ay nakaupo na kasama ang mga kaibigan namin. 

"I don't know what to say. Actually this is a last minute plan that I forgot to make a script for my speech. I want to know you more Elena Cruz. Not just today, not just tomorrow but I want to know you more in infinity. So please do marry me." She said sincerely and knelt in the ground. Napahawak na lang ako sa bibig sa pagkabigla ko. I was the one who's courting her, right?

"Ganyan ka bilis, hindi pa nga magjowa, pasakal na agad." I heard Jinky shout and the rest laughed. 

"Panira ka ng moment ng kaibigan natin Jinky." natatawang sita ni Angel. I can hear them yet my focus was in the person kneeling down in front of me. 

In front of our loved ones, she is kneeling to ask for my hand in marriage. Lord, I had prayed na mapasaakin ang babaeng ito, and you answered it in a way I didn't expect. Ganyan na ba ako kalakas sayo? 

Naiiyak akong lumuhod sa kaniya para mapantayan siya. 

I cupped her face and gently nod. 

"Of course baby, no need to ask. I have always wanted to marry you from the moment I have landed my eyes on the second time." I whispered to her and I saw a lone tear escape in her eye. 

"I love you." She leaned to me and I closed my eyes. Her lips touched mine and I felt like I was riding a viking getting swinged by the overwhelming feeling. 

"Hoy wala pang kasal pero nag kiss the bride na agad. Kadiri."