chapter 7

I was waking up in the morning, still feeling the lingering effects of our passionate night. The memories of our intimate connection flooded my mind, making me rub my face to wake myself up fully. As I sat up in bed, I forgot I was naked until I felt the cool morning air against my skin.

"Oh yeah, where did I throw my underwear?" I glanced around the room, searching for my discarded underwear, before finding them on the chair placed near the door.

I quickly slipped them on, feeling a sense of comfort and familiarity, before Adalia rose from the bed, her tousled hair falling gracefully over her shoulders. She smiled at me, her eyes still filled with the same intensity from the night before. "Good morning," she whispered, her voice laced with a hint of playfulness.

"Here, you're going to need these," I said as I tossed her bra and pants to her.

Adalia caught her undergarments with a playful smirk, slipping them on effortlessly. As we prepared for the day ahead, our shared laughter filled the room, creating an atmosphere of warmth and connection.

I then put on my uniform and power skeleton, feeling a surge of confidence as I strapped it on. With each click and whirr, I knew I was ready to face any challenge that awaited us.

As Adalia put her clothes back on, we left the room and entered the living room to see the others eating breakfast.

"Morning, everyone!" Adalia was greeted with a cheerful smile; her energy was contagious.

"Ay, how did you two do last night? heard a lot of moaning," Jenna said.

"Very funny, but thanks for the condom," I said.

Jenna chuckled and replied, "Thank Nathan, he always carries a condom just in case." I nodded in agreement, grateful for Nathan's preparedness.

"Guys, don't say that word, I thought we promised that," Max said, covering Abigail's ears.

Max's reminder brought a moment of awkward silence to the room as everyone realized they had slipped up. Adalia quickly changed the subject, "So, more training?"

"Yeah, the corporalis is sending an evac ship to our location; it might as well bring you guys into our world since you guys are in this mess too," Shaun said.

"Thanks; I bet your world is a lot more exciting than ours," I replied with a smile. "Oh, you have no idea," Shaun chuckled, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

Just then we heard sirens blaring outside, and Shaun's expression turned serious. "It looks like trouble's brewing again," he said, his voice filled with urgency.

We quietly snuck up to the blinds and peeked outside, seeing a group of armed soldiers approaching. "Marvin Luckman, we know you're in there," one of the soldiers shouted through a megaphone. "Come out peacefully, or we'll be forced to take action, and this time it won't end well for you." We all exchanged worried glances, realizing that our peaceful hideout was about to become a battleground.

"Damn morons don't even know when to quit," I muttered under my breath, frustration boiling within me. The soldiers seemed determined, their weapons glinting ominously in the fading light.

I then looked at Abigail, and I had an idea: "Abigail, do you have a detonator on you?" I whispered urgently.

"Yeah, do you want to blow them up?" she asked.

"No, I want to create a diversion," I replied, a mischievous grin spreading across my face. "If we can distract them long enough, maybe we can find another way out of here." Abigail nodded, understanding my plan.

I then took a detonator and walked out the door, saying, "Bomb, bomb, I have a bomb," as I left through the front door.

The soldiers then aimed their guns at me and shouted for me to drop the detonator, but I didn't, so I spoke, "Let me speak before you pull the trigger." I could see the hesitation in their eyes as I continued. "What is wrong with you people? Can't you see this is just the primal wolves using you to carry out their own agenda? You think you're doing this for America, news flash fucktards; you're just pawns in their game." The soldiers glared at me as if I had more heads, and I could sense the tension in the air as they contemplated their next move. "You don't see that your general is a moron who didn't see through that lie, and you're wasting your lives on taking me and my friends hostage," I continued, my voice filled with frustration. "Just look around," I said, and the soldiers didn't make me shout, "Look, god damn it!"