Prelude-2

18 years later, 3rd July, Pune, Maharashtra, Trident University, 9.45 a.m.

Dev Singh Raizada hated monthly visits to all the hospitals, orphanages, and schools his family owned, or universities of which, his father was either a trustee or a member of the committee

Because all that he did there, was put on a facade.

He was his true self with children around.

But otherwise, all he had to do was plaster fake smiles as he met people.

Now, was a similar situation.

He quietly accompanied his father as he conversed with the Dean of the University.

And suddenly, someone caught his attention.

"Meri baat sunlo tum! You can't talk to me like that! Tum janti bhi ho mere Dad kaun hai?" A boy,
possibly a high-schooler or a fresher in college, gritted out to the lanky female in front of him.
( You hear me out! You can't talk to me like that! Do you even know who my Dad is ?)

" Kyu ? Tumhari Ma ne tumhe bataya nahi ?" She spat, her snarky remark almost immediate.
( Why ? Didn't your mother tell you ?)

Dev's brows raised in amusement.

" Tum—tum—you'll regret rejecting me and talking to me like that!" He glared at her.

" Hogaya? Ab tum meri baat sunlo. When a girl says no, learn to respect it and accept it. Just because you were never rejected before and it bruises your ego, doesn't mean you act like a creepy jerk. If you truly are the gentleman your behaviour insisted before you asked me out, then you'd rather accept my rejection and move on and find someone who reciprocates your feelings instead of being stuck over this rejection and play a petty game of revenge. I really respect you as a senior, so don't make me lose that respect for you." Her voice was incredibly soft, but it had a certain firmness in it.
-Are you done ? Now you listen to me.

" Mr.Khanna, who's that ?" Dev finally asked the Dean unable to hold his curiosity.

Pankaj Khanna's eyes flew towards the group of kids near the basketball court, engrossed in a verbal brawl and he sighed.

" Again ?" He murmured in exasperation.

Dev's brows drew closer as confusion was apparent in his onyx orbs.

" Again ?" He echoed as he watched the man excuse himself and walk over to the children.

" Miss Rawat !" He began in a firm tone and the girl sighed turning towards Mr.Khanna.