Present day, 13th July, Rawat House, Pune, Maharashtra,7.30 p.m.

As Shivanya walked through the garden gates after being dropped by the driver, she was well aware a surprise awaited her inside the mansion

A smile grazed her lips as she continued to walk.

Yug and Yasha, her best-friends, as usual, had pretended not to remember her birthday, and later, got her hard-covers of all books she wanted, all them being signed copies.

She couldn't have been happier till they dragged her to a cafe with a library.

And they promised her they'd be present at her house later.

So after spending half her day outside, with her friends, and later in the Orphanage where the kids eagerly awaited her presence to celebrate with her, she walked towards the door, she frowned seeing six different SUV's parked neatly near their garage with a huge security outside.

" Kaka, has someone visited apart from my friends ?" She asked the guard on duty who appeared gloomy.

As he looked up at her, instead of smiling at her and wishing her, his eyes grew moist.

She frowned.

" Kaka, is everything alright ?" She inquired softly.

But the man refused to answer.

" You should go in." He told her, his voice breaking.

Shivanya, although concerned and confused, nodded and pushed open the door after pressing her thumb against the lock, unlocking the door, preparing herself for the surprise.

And she indeed was surprised when she saw the couches occupied by a family, dressed elegantly enough to put her fashion designer aunt to shame.

Her eyes lingered across their faces as she stood rooted to her spot, the wind blowing through shut the main door tightly, causing everyone present, apart from her to flinch.

The atmosphere seemed highly tensed.

" Wow, I turn eighteen only once, and I get no surprises, no wishes ?" She said, attempting to lighten the mood.

" We're sorry." Her friends muttered gloomily.

Her gaze turned towards her best-friends.

Yug looked too lost while Yasha seemed too numb to react.

" Did someone die ? What's with the gloomy atmosphere ? It's my eighteen birthday c'mon! I don't turn eighteen every year!"