Prologue part 1

Edith's POV:

*Knock knock*

"Your highness, it's time to get ready for the day. Should I come in and help you get changed?" I heard a lady at the door say.

I woke up with tiered eyes lazily I said, "No thank you."

I heard the lady's footsteps leave the door. I sat on my bed for a bit, then got up to get changed into a simple yet beautiful dress. (The picture in the last chapter shows you the dress) I went down to the dining hall to have breakfast. As expected my parents weren't there.

*sigh*

"As expected they aren't here."I mudered to herself. Edith sat down and started eating breakfast. It's a couple days from Rupunzel's birthday, the whole kingdom celebrates by having a festival and by setting out lanterns into the sky. Rupunzel, still a baby was kidnapped, and no one could find her.

"Hey, Little Warrior, wake up." A familiar voice called out.

"Huh?" I said waking up from my thoughts.

I saw a girl older than me, with black hair standing behind me.

"Oh, good morning Cass. You don't usually come to see me during breakfast. What is the occasion?" I asked.

"I know that you are eating alone today so, I decided to join you." Cass replied.

"Thanks Cass. I really appreciate it."

Cass also known as Cassandra, is the adopted daughter of the Captain of the guard. I met her when I was six years old. When I met her I asked if she can train me in combat. Cass eventually agreed to train me. Soon enough we became best friends.

*Chitter Chitter*

"Oh, Fiona. Your finally up."

*Chitter Chitter*

"Okay, okay. Here you go."

I hand Fiona some wall nuts, Fiona gladly took them and started eating them right away. Fiona is my pet squirrel, when I was four years old I found a squirrel on my pillow sleeping, so I decided to take care of it, and since then Fiona has been by my side ever since.

"Hey, Ei, if you don't want to be late for training. You should start to get ready." Said Cassandra

"Oh, right, thank you Cass." I replied in realization.

"No problem." Cassandra responded.

"Come on Fiona, you can eat those wall nuts on the way." I told Fiona.

Fiona ran up my shoulder, as I grabbed the bowl filled with wall nuts. Then I walked to my room to get ready for training.

Time skip:

As I was walking to the training area to train with with the bow an arrow. Then I heard a voice I didn't recognize, "Hay fever?"

I saw a man on a rope that came from the roof with brown hair that looks like he brushes it to much, a blue vest, brown eyes, and in his hands is Rupunzel's crown. As I pulled out my bow and arrow, I heard.

"yea." Pete replied.

Pete turned around, realizing what jut happened as the thief climbs up the rope he was on. As I got my aim I grazed his right arm.

"Tch, grazed him." I said under my breath.

"hey, wait!" Yelled Pete.

The thief noticed the blood on his arm and looked shocked before he disappeared in the opening that he came from.

The crown was stolen and it is my fault I let it happen.