Chapter 4: Rupunzel's enemy

Edith's POV:

"Not only this is the five hundredth anniversary. But we commemorate this princess Rupunzel's, and princess Edith's very first festival." King Fredric announced as the crowd applauded. 

"To mark this joyous event, Our princesses have redesigned the gopher garb of good will." King Fredric announced, dad looked at us and smiled. 

"Ladies and gentlemen of Corona. Princess Rupunzel and princess Edith." Said Dad. The crowd applauses I looked at all the people and smiled. 

"Thank you so much! Aw, your two kind." Rupunzel said smiling. "BOOOOOOO!" A gravely voice was heard in the crowd. Me and dad raised our brow. 

"And boo to you sir." Said Rupunzel cheerfully.

______________________

"Gotta hand is to you blondie, Freebird. The people love you!" Praised Eugene. 

"They sure know how to make a girl feel special." I said happily. 

"Edith is right! I mean I never heard so much applause." Rupunzel happily said. 

"And someone actually booed me." My face fell along with Eugene's. 

"Forget that guy. I wouldn't pay much attention." I nodded at Eugene's statement. 

"I've never heard that cheer before it's so ... exotic." Rupunzel said brightly. 

"Huh?" I said as I mentally facepalm. 

"Do you think he's from overseas Edith?" Rupunzel asked me. 

"Uh, no. No I do not." I responded. 

"You don't know what boo means. Do you." Eugene said. 

"Yea it's a cheer. Like 'yippee' 'hooray' 'boo'. right?" Me and Eugene looked at each other and then looked down. 

"No? Then okay what does it mean." Rupunzel asked. 

"Uh, Cass can explain it better then we can." I said nervously.

__________________________

"It means someone hates you." Cassandra said while taking care of the gopher. 

"Wow. Uh, that's one way to put it." I said shocked at the way Cassandra said it. 

"Yea! What a way to candy coat it! Cassandra." Eugene said sarcastically.

 Rupunzel who looked shocked at the meaning of boo said, "why wouldn't someone like me? What have I done to this person." Rupunzel asked. 

"Sis, who cares. Dreading on it is not mentally healthy. And not everyone has to like you. It's a part of life." I told Rupunzel. 

"Edith is right. Someone could not like you for a number of reasons." Eugene agreed. 

"For instance, Maybe you have a stupid goatee that makes you look ridiculous, and someone can not like you for that."

 Eugene looked at Cassandra angrily and said, "you know Cassandra, it's hard to take your insults seriously, when you're holding that thing." Eugene pointed at the gopher that Cassandra is holding. 

"This 'thing' is important. Gregorio the goodwill gopher represents half a millennium of honor and tradition throughout this kingdom." Cassandra lectured Eugene. 

"We are still talking about the rat." Eugene said. 

"Gopher." I corrected. As Cassandra started lecturing Eugene even more I started to leave the tent. 

"Hey , Freebird! Where are you going?" Eugene asked when he noticed me taking my leave. 

"Oh, I already told you where I'll be yesterday. Were you listening?" I said with a tone of annoyance in my voice.