Chapter 1: Before ever after part 1

Edith's POV:

"Their gaining on us!" Rupunzel said.

I looked behind me and saw the Captain and some guards behind me, Eugene, and Rupunzel. "That's more of them then before!" I said while Not trying to fall off my horse

"Man these guys are persistent!" Eugene yelled in disbelief.

"So are we!" Me and Rupunzel said in Unison, as me and Rupunzel split up from Eugene.

"Hey, Eugene! Meet you at the wall!" I yelled at Eugene.

"Do I hear a challenge, do you think you can keep up" Eugene replied.

"Be worried about yourself first, before you get worried about me." I answered as I got ahead of Eugene.

"They're your problem now!" Eugene said in the distance.

I looked behind to see a guard that caught up to me and Rupunzel. Then I saw the Captain behind Eugene.

"heh, are you sure about that." I replied.

Eugene looked behind him to find the Captain tailing him. "Oh, great." Eugene groaned. "Okay, Max, follow my lead. Oh! Log, log, log!" Eugene said as he turned around. Eugene jumped over the log. The Captain's horse didn't make the jump, which made the Captain fall. "Ohh, good thing the ground broke his fall" Eugene said.

"whoa, bunny crossing!" Rupunzel said in shock.

I looked ahead to find a bunch of bunnies in the middle of the trail. "Whoa, carful Edith and Fadela, watch out, cute little bunnies." Rupunzel said as we were getting past the bunnies. As we got past the bunnies we lost the guard that was tailing us. "Your not getting away this time." The Captain said as he jumped in front of me an Rupunzel. Eugene is also catching up as we were going to jump over the river. As Eugene jumped over the river he knocked the log into the river tripping up the Captain who fell in the river. "Looking good cap" Eugene said to Captain who is in the water.

When Rupunzel and I climbed are up the wall and looking out at the view Rupunzel broke the silence with, "Pascal, Edith, can't you believe this view" Rupunzel asked.

as I was going to answer, Eugene chimed in saying,"Okay, okay. I know what you're thinking. Now, it may have seemed like you won, but you gotta take into account that my hair is longer than yours now. So, we gotta factor in wind resistance." Eugene said. Rupunzel sighed as she rolled her eyes at Eugene. "Wow! Have you seen anything this beautiful." Rupunzel said in aw.

"Yes, yes I have" Eugene said while holding Rupunzel's hand. Rupunzel and Eugene lean in for a kiss. "Rupunzel, Eugene time to go!" I said interrupting the moment. Eugene gave me an angry look before saying, "Now, what do you say we go make you an official princess?"

"Oh, is that today." Said Rupunzel.

I laugh and say "Very funny Raps. Now, let's get going."

"Race you back to the castle!" Yelled Eugene.

Time Skip: italic's is the singing :)

"This is life after happily ever after And it's all just as sweet as the stories say I feel wild, free, as light as can be And ready to explore With nothing at all standing in my way." Cass who was waiting for us guided us to the castle. "True, there are certain customs I have to follow" "Curtsy" Cass mutters to Rupunzel as some kid wave at us. "Several small obligations I can't avoid." "Princess, the time." Cass mutters to Rupunzel. "A few rules, too Well, more than a few Commitments by the score Aside from all that, though I'm overjoyed." "This way, Princess." Cass said while guiding Rupunzel. "And sure, there are corsets and buckles and bows Plus all those names to recall" "Jane?" Rupunzel asks the handmaiden. "Ethel." Ethel replied. "Right." Rupunzel responded with determination. "Still, I can hardly complain I suppose This is happily ever after, after all" That's enough." Cass says as she see's Rupunzel struggling with the handmaidens and said, "I'll take it from here. How you holding up?" Cass asked. "Busy." Responded Rupunzel. "But busy's good." Said Rupunzel. "I'm glad you think so. This welcoming ceremony is just the beginning. Tomorrow's the festival, followed by the royal banquet. That's all before the actual coronation on Sunday. Oh, come on. Really? Look, Rapunzel, I know this princess thing is new to you, but you've gotta at least try to act the part." Cassandra clarified. "Trust me, Cassandra. I know how important this is to my dad." Said Rupunzel. "As you've requested, Your Majesty, we've doubled security on the on the main gates and the south towers." Said the Captain. "Good. We have guests from all over the world. I want them to know that they are safe. Everything for my little girl's coronation weekend must be absolutely perfect." Said king Fredric as he was opening the door to Rupunzel's room. "Hi, Dad." Me and Rupunzel said in unison. "And now that at last you are here in my arms I won't permit you to fall I must protect you from all the world's harms We'll live happily ever after, after all." "Now, as princess, you are not only representing yourself and the family, but all of Corona." Said king Fredric. "Don't worry, Dad. I won't let you down. But, while we're on the whole princess coronation thingy, I mean, all these royal activities are great, but do you think I might be able to catch a little down time soon?" Asked Rupunzel. "I know this is all new, but you'll adjust. After all, your friend seems to be getting on just fine." Said king Fredric. I started to laugh at the thought of what Eugene is doing now. "Helmut, my man, this hat ties the whole outfit together. Now, I know what you're all thinking. "Why is Eugene in such a good mood today? I mean, what gives?" "Now that we're livin' splendidly Our dreams fulfilled, extendedly Why leave things open-endedly for Rapunzel and moi Tonight, I'll hand this rose to her Kneel down and then propose to her And give this ring I chose to her Nice! Life's gonna be like strawberry sherbet Once she is Mrs. Eugene Fitzherbert." As Eugene was singing everyone was starring at Eugene. "Okay, not great, but how 'bout this? Once she is Princess Eugene Fitzherbert. And what better day to propose to a princess than at her coronation?" Eugene said in a cheerful tone. "This is life after happily ever after And our story has finally reached its end. Settling down here, Year upon year, Contented and secure, With dozens of duties we'll have to tend. And now that we've gotten the dream that we chose, Now that we're in for the haul. Now our adventures can come to a close Living happily ever after, after all"

"Now that I've gotten the dream that I chose Why does my world feel so small? If this is it and it is, I suppose Is this happily ever after, after all?"

"Okay no pressure. Just introducing myself to the most important people in the world. Representing my mom, dad, sister, and the entire kingdom." Rupunzel said while looking in the mirror.

"Hey, you got this." I said to my sister, who was looking stressed. She looked back at me and said, "Your right, Ei." Rupunzel said and smiled.

Time Skip:

"We're good at making people feel welcome, this is completely doable...ish" Rupunzel said nervously under her breath. I gave her a thumbs up to encourage her, and Rupunzel returned it with a smile. "Your Highness, I present Dame Elizabeth Van Hoskins of Rochester." The carege driver said as he opened the carige door, revealing an elderly woman. Rupunzel ran up to the woman. "Rupunzel wai-" I was going to stop her but it was to late. Rupunzel hugging Elizabeth said, "it's so nice to see you." As Elizabeth walked off I told her, "Maybe you should not hug our guests."

"Oh, okay no hugs. Got it." Rupunzel said.

"I present Lieutenant Commander General James Rutherford-Carver III." Said the footman. "That's kind of a mouthful. Is it okay if I call you Jimmy?" Rupunzel asked politely. "I'd prefer you didn't." The commander said in a cold tone. "Well, uh... welcome all the same then." Rupunzel said trying to keep up the smile.

"I present The Duchess of Quintonia." The footman said as the Duchess came up to us. "Wow. Can I just say, I love your hair. I used to have long hair too..." Rupunzel complements the Duchess's wig but was cut off.

"This is a hand-woven coiffure, weft from the finest silk and vicuña fabrics. It designates high social status. You think you'd know that." The Duchess said rather rudely. "Uh... still, nice to meet you." Rupunzel said trying to get on good terms with the Duchess. "Sadly, not nice enough to wear shoes, I'm afraid." The duchess said, leaving a hurt Rupunzel.

Time skip to the next day:

"The Princess Rapunzel and princess Edith will spend their day about town!" The announcer guy said.

it turned out that father sent a pack of guards to follow me and my sister. Me and my sister split up so we can take turns around the town acording to my sister. The guards were getting annoying so I came up with a plan to lose them. "Hey, I thought I saw something move over there." I said to a guard as I pointed to an alleyway. "Guys, let's inspect over there for the Princess's safety." The guard said to the others. As everyone was looking over to where I pointed Fiona handed me a decent sized stick. I took the stick and threw it at the pots on the in the other ally. "Over there!" One of the guards shouted and they went the other way they were. I took this chance to run.

I've must've been running for five minutes now when I bumped into someone. "Oh my gosh, are you okay!" I said as I picked myself up. The person that I bumped into was a boy around my age, black hair with a blue streak, he has blue eyes and freckles. "Yea, thanks for asking. And sorry I wasn't looking." The boy said. "No. I wasn't looking. I'm at fault here." I said as I was helping him up. "Princess where are you!" I heard someone yell in the distance. "Oh, I got to go." I said sadly to the boy that I recently met.

"O-okay, see you around I guess." The boy said with sad eyes as he turned around. I smiled and waved goodbye as I left.

Mysterious boy POV:

"H-hey, what's your name." I Said as I turned around, but only to find that the pretty girl is gone. I sighed, as I was going to turn around an object caught my eye. As I bent down to get it I saw that it is a pendent. "This must be the girl's." I muttered to myself. I put it into my bag just in case I see her again.