Take the Moment

"Have you seen this?" her publicist Tree Paine asked, looking at her phone.

In the middle of making herself a piece of toast, Taylor didn't look up. "Seen what?"

"Apparently Travis Kelce was at your show last night and wanted to give you a friendship bracelet he made with his phone number on it."

That made Taylor look up. "He can't be serious."

Tree responded, "I can't speak to how serious he is, but he was at your show last night."

Taylor scoffed, "This guy. He's the football player that was in the Superbowl with his brother, right? Didn't he host SNL?"

"Yep, that's him. He's cute."

"Yeah, yeah. And I'm sure he's quite a player. That's the last thing I need right now."

Her publicist got more serious, "Speaking of... you were spotted last night. With He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

Taylor groaned loudly and threw her head back. "Nooo. How? And don't give me that look. I know, I know, he's the worst. Is everyone talking about it?"

"Actually, this whole Travis Kelce thing seems to have eclipsed that. You're lucky the photos are grainy. It was probably someone on a balcony in the next building. Without a good photo, it's not as interesting to the press."

"Well that's good at least." Taylor bit into her toast, her wheels starting to turn. Sitting at her kitchen island, she had an idea; an idea that could help give her a little bit of her privacy back. If the public wants to obsess about her personal life, she'll give it to them, but on her own terms. She was a mastermind, after all.

Taylor sat up, "Hey, actually, can you get me in touch with this Travis guy? I have an idea."

-

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Travis asked. He was in the middle of a bench press, a 225 lb barbell above his face. He'd woken up at 5am for a two-a-day practice and he was pretty sure he was dreaming. He couldn't have heard that right.

"Taylor Swift. She wants to talk to you. Her people just called us," Steve, the team manager, said. "I guess she heard about your friendship bracelet." The whole weight room started hollering. His little stunt had gotten him a lot of ridicule from his teammates, but he laughed it off. Just this morning he came in to see his locker had been plastered with Taylor Swift posters from some teen magazine.

"Am I gonna go on a date with Taylor Swift?" Travis asked, sitting up.

"I don't know! Why would I know that? Call your agent after practice," an exasperated Steve said. Travis had brought the attention of the Swifties to his team and he was already exhausted. If Travis actually started dating Taylor Swift, Steve knew he would have to field a million questions, particularly from his own daughter. He really just wanted to get through this season, hopefully with another Superbowl win. A popstar was far down on his list of priorities. But judging from the way Travis looked like he'd just been slapped, a popstar seemed pretty high on his list.

"AFTER practice, please, Travis. Focus up," Steve said. Travis got back to his bench press, but his head was clearly somewhere else.