A Circus Ain't a Love Story

Taylor woke up the next morning to a circus. She knew the media would eat this up, but her appearance in Kansas City was everywhere. The NFL changed their social media to a picture of her at the game? Oof. If her haters weren't sick of her face yet, they were about to be. She also had a lot of texts from every friend she hadn't told about her master plan. Most of them said something along the lines of, "Travis Kelce??? Since when?" Her ex always wanted to stay out of the spotlight and Taylor had spent the pandemic laying low. Now she was showing up at televised football games and cheering on a guy that was super open about his life. He'd had a dating show, for goodness sakes. Not the type she usually went for. She understood their confusion. She'd deal with those texts later.

Taylor thought back to the previous night. She'd remember him guiding her out of the bar, his hand on the small of her back. She felt so safe around him, driving her back to her hotel. But nothing happened, which meant her master plan could continue on schedule without complication. Oh damn, she said that Lizard Brain thing to him, didn't she? Thankfully he didn't seem offended. Travis seemed like a guy that was pretty impossible to offend, but that just made her want to try. He kept surprising her, but he was probably smart to turn her down. That didn't stop her mind from wandering, though.

-

Taylor and Travis hadn't left the party until almost 3 a.m., so Travis didn't wake up until 11. He was no stranger to a late night or a great party. And Taylor Swift had called him hot. He was not going to forget that. He was quite pleased with himself. He was really good at this fake boyfriend stuff.

Then he opened his phone: hoo boy. He and Taylor seemed to be on every news site, including a photo of his stupid goo-goo face looking up at her. Was he that obvious? Apparently. And his exes were giving statements to the press? Yikes. He'd been getting a bit of a playboy reputation that his sponsorships were not loving, so this high-profile relationship with America's Sweetheart would be great. His agent was thrilled when Travis had explained the arrangement. His brother was wary. Now he was experiencing what "high-profile" really meant. He loved chaos though, and this was major chaos. Bring it on!