So It Goes

"30 seconds!" a stage hand yelled backstage.

Taylor had 30 seconds for this costume change and had four people frantically getting her ready for the next song. "Score??" Taylor shouted.

"Chiefs 20, Eagles 12!" Tree answered immediately. Tree had been given the job of tracking the score while Taylor was on stage.

"Let's fucking go, Travis!" Taylor cheered as a bracelet was shoved on her wrist and her mic pack clipped on. Their last "date" ended on a weird note that Taylor didn't fully understand, but she still tuned into every game. And this was a big one. Not only was Travis' brother on the Eagles, the Eagles were Taylor's hometown team. She was always rooting for the Chiefs now, though.

The Brazilian crowd was electric. A stadium singing the songs she'd written in her bedroom as a heartbroken teenager was the best. She was always buzzing when she stepped off stage, but she had one thing on her mind.

"So?" she asked Tree.

"It was close, but the Chiefs won!" Tree had learned a lot about football over the past few months.

Taylor ran to her phone backstage to text Travis.

TS: Travis! Congratulations! Is Jason pissed?

TK: What time is it in Brazil? Did you JUST step off stage?

TS: Maybe. So, Jason?

TK: Haha, he's not thrilled. Did you see that Q3 touchdown?

TS: Not yet, but I'll watch the playback when I'm back at the hotel.

TK: You're gonna love it.

TS: I'm sure I will.

TK: You have a birthday coming up.

TS: I do.

TK: And a break from your tour.

TS: Does that mean you wanna see me?

TK: Well I gotta do something good for your birthday. You crashed an elevator for me.

Taylor's breath caught remembering the elevator. She missed him. Damn, she wasn't supposed to miss him! He was fun. Just fun. And a convenient fake boyfriend. You're not supposed to miss fake boyfriends.

TS: What're you thinking?

TK: You'll be in Rhode Island, right? I have a plan.

TS: Does Rhode Island have a Troll Hole I've been missing out on all this time?!

TK: You wish. I'm thinking more of a night-in kind of surprise.

TS: I do love a night in with my cats.

TK: It's a date. And tell Meredith I said hi.

TS: You flirt.