All Hope Doesn't Fall

As the mouselets got back to their hotel room, Pam, Paulina and Charlotte had said goodbyes to the Inspector as he scurried away in a hurry

As the mouselets got back to their hotel room, Pam, Paulina and Charlotte had said goodbyes to the Inspector as he scurried away in a hurry. When Charlotte was about to walk away, Paulina grabbed her by the shoulder with a smile. "Thanks for helping us out, Charlotte! Sorry we had to drag you into this like that..." she apologized. Charlotte replied with a warm smile, "It's ok. I'm glad that I was able to come with you guys, I really needed some exercise done as well!" she laughed.
"Overall I had a lot of fun! Will I see you guys tomorrow then?" Paulina nodded, winking. "Of course!"

Pam and Paulina had said goodbye to their new friend and went back inside to the bedroom when there was a gentle knock at the door. "Auntie?" Pam said after opening the door to discover her aunt Jalita. "Sorry I didn't mean to disrupt you both. Would you mind If I come in? I've made us Shambar!" she squeaked, holding an open tray. Inside was a LARGE thermos of hot water filled with Peruano beans, Chickpeas and Smoked pork.

"I know it wasn't much but I've made this soup out of extra love!"  A few moments later, they were all seated around the table in the dining room. "Aaaah, I really needed this!" Paulina commented as she sipped a cup of hot brown tea as was Pam staring down at her bowl in silence. "Why gracias my little chica, now tell me about what happened today, did you guys get the information you needed?"

Paulina shook her head, in dismay. "For now, I'm afraid not. But we did notice a written letter that was inside the case! It was written by professional thieves that called themselves The Necklace Snatchers. They must really know you, do they?" Jalita nodded. "Si...Before you two appeared in the picture, they had written me so many threats about shutting down my shop. It has gotten so bad that I can't even recall how many letters I've received from my mailbox, whoever they are working for must be pretty rich within the company."

"That sounds awful!" "Yes, but I wouldn't be shrouded in despair yet, my dear," she said as she grabbed another spoonful of soup, pouring them into their bowls. "Because as soon as you meet with Detective Pablo, he'll be sure to help you solve this unknown mystery everyone's been squeaking about, not only that, but he has already got the coordinates to the museum! You'll see my little chicas, once this is all over — We must celebrate!" Suddenly, there was a loud bang on the table.

Both Paulina and Jalita turned over to Pam who seemed flustered and upset. "There's no way we can forgive them for doing this," growled Pam, before clenching her fists. "They not only had threatened the shop to be closed down, but now they've stolen a piece to your Family Heirloom!" Paulina was shocked by her friend's vow of revenge. In sympathy, Jalita stood from her chair. "Pam, you must calm down...Remember what Mama Gianna told you, you must never seek vengeance."

"So what if my mother said not to?! Maybe they might be working for the Edmundo Foundation, aren't they?! ...I'd rather watch them go to jail if I have to!" she yelled with her eyes filled with tears of anger. Paulina and Jalita gasped. "Pam..." Paulina whispered, speechless and concerned.

In silence, Pam had suddenly realized what she did before leaving the table in a hurry. Before Paulina could stop her friend, she had already left the room with Jalita looking down at her soup with a heavy sigh, with silence breaking the room once again...

Outside of the empty balcony, Paulina had found Pam standing with her back up against a wall, with a crestfallen look on her snout. Paulina walked up to her friend, in sympathy, "I know how you feel, sis," she began. "I also had thought about the same thing you're thinking, I get it. But you can't just conclude the mystery just yet, we still have to gather what we can in order to know whether they are working for someone or not..." Paulina then gives her friend a big hug while reassuring her.

"'All hope doesn't fall' was what Violet's Grandpa said, so have faith, Pam! We will make sure that we find the necklace until we get to the bottom of this!" Pam was moved by her friend's concern as she closed her eyes, sighing deeply as they glanced over and gazed at the starry night sky, hoping that tomorrow would open a new door for what is yet to come...