Pamela's Captured

Two minutes earlier, Paulina and Charlotte had been walking through an enormouse park full of a small lush of green grass

Once they had finished, they went over to a bench before collapsing onto it with a heavy sigh. Exhausted, Charlotte looks to Paulina. "puff...I don't think...puff...puff...We've found any answers about the necklace! ...puff..." she panted. Paulina agreed. "Honestly...puff...I think we need to take a break! We've done enough searching and asking for today..."

"What about the inspector? We should let him know that we couldn't get the answers we needed. Unless, we try again whenever we're ready to pursue it!" she stated, sitting up from the bench. Paulina sat up, putting a paw below her chin, deeply pondering. "Hmmm, maybe you're right, Charlo. We maybe need to take a look around one more time before we head back, I feel like we need to make sure that we have enough details before we do anything else."

Charlotte nodded when suddenly a loud beeping noise went bonkers! It was coming from Paulina's pocket! "That might be the inspector!" she exclaimed before taking out her walkie-talkie from her pocket and pressed the button. On the walkie-talkie, The Inspector's voice faded away and was replaced by a background of static.

"PAULINA...YO...TWO MUS...COME BA...IMMEDIATE...PA...BEEN...KIDNAPPED!" 

"What? Inspector, we cannot hear you!" Charlotte shouted. "What's happening over there?" the frantic voice continued to squeak. "I SAI...YOU TWO MUST RE...TUR...PAMEL...SHE'S..." Before he could finish his sentence, it was too late. The call had been disconnected. "What...Inspector, what's going on over there?!" shouted Paulina, in a quivering voice.

Tensed, Paulina presses the button continuously, calling out his name in hoping that he would respond. But nothing... The mouselets exchanged a worried look when the walkie-talkie had turned off. "Something must've happened to the inspector!" alarmed, Charlotte. "And Pamela as well!" Paulina replied, anxious. "They maybe in trouble if we don't do something!" The two mouselets stood from the bench and turned to walk away when all of a sudden two familiar, big and strong ratlets jumped in and surrounded them from each side.

"Don't think you're gonna get away from us like you did last time, furbrain!" one said, threateningly. "There's no escape from us now, little slimeballs!" said another, snickering. Shaky, the two mouselets backed into each other, with Charlotte shifting into a fighter's stance. "P-Paulina! What are we going to do?!"

Just as the two rodents got ready to pounce a calm and familiar voice stopped them. "Let go of those rodents, you ungrateful sinvergüenzas!" Befuddled, the two looked around to then get pummeled by an old, tall rodent, his snout hidden by big glasses and a brown hat. The intruders grabbed the rodent suddenly, pinning him behind his back. "There's no fightin' against us now, cheesebrain, Ha ha ha!" one said, chuckling. "Oh no!" cried Paulina. "Let him go, you dirty slimerats!" Charlotte yelled, bravely. "Heh, like we would listen to some mousling! Ha! No wa-"

Before he could finish, the strong rodent thwacked their snouts from behind, breaking free from their grasp. "Come with me, hurry!" the rodent demanded. The mouselets exchanged glances before scurrying away with the rodent as the other two were rubbing their snouts, in wincing pain. A scowled voice rang out, "You incompetent fools, you can't even catch your prey right!" the mouse said, angrily as she walked up to the two rodents.

"Augh, no matter. Get up you two, we have other things we need to tend to..."

Meanwhile, in the inspector's office, the inspector had been investigating the file cabinet. He takes out a milla folder and slaps it on his desk before rummaging through the desk drawers. There was a sudden knock on the door. Anxiously, he rushed over and threw the door open. "Thank the cheddar!" he exclaimed, relieved. He quickly ushered the group to come in. Charlotte stammered, "I-Inspector! I-I'm sorry we couldn't defend ourselves! This nice rodent saved us and —"

"Pamela...She's been captured by two burglars!" he interrupted, alarmed. Charlotte exchanged an alarmed glance. Paulina looked shocked as her ears drooped. "No! That's impossible!" she exclaimed, in shock. "Did you get to see who they were?" Charlotte asked, bothered. There was no reply. Around them, the room was silent.

After a while, the strange rodent was the one to break the silence. "Wait a sec! That white van that you're squeaking about belongs to those two robbers," observed the rodent, pointing to a blurry-picture of a white van on the board. "Cheese and crackers! You're right!" the inspector confirmed.  "What do you mean?" shrugged Charlotte, before putting her paws on her hips.

"Is there a certain explanation to all of this?" the inspector nodded. "Yes, yes, yes, with that I also have been doing a little more thinking on our new strategy! Since we have already identified the vehicle that is, I have thought of another solution that might help us out in some way possible!" Questionably, Charlotte asked, "Doesn't it involve rescue?" "Yes," he nodded. "But it's not going to be a walk-in-the-park. Pablo and I will talk it out before we do anything reckless — Then will..."

The inspector had noticed the mouselets bewildered glances. After a second, Paulina broke the awkward silence. "Pablo?" she asked. The inspector held back his laughter. "Whoops, I must've forgotten to introduce you to my brother," He walked up to the rodent and put his shoulder around the rodent's shoulders.

"Mouselings, I would like to introduce you to my brother, Detective Tigre Pablo! Or just, Detective Pablo for short." On que, the rodent waved to them with a small grin. The mouselets aahed in unison. Paulina's eyes twinkled, pointing at Pablo behind Charlotte's back. "I-it's really you! ...Detective Pablo, theeee Detective Pablo!" she squealed. "I've read and watched sooo many of your adventures! From the treacherous caves of the Bahamas, to the vast waves of the Atlantic Ocean, to the- oww!"

"Cut it out!" Charlotte growled, nudging her shoulder. Pablo chuckled, "I see that we have a hardcore fan? Interesting...The pleasure is mine, miss." Pablo looked to his younger brother, exchanging a serious glance. "Ratilio, we need to form a plan a little bit more promptly.

That mouselet had caught herself into trouble without even thinking of the consequences. If she knows about the necklace, we most certainly cannot let anything happen to her." "Hmm," Inspector Ratilio sat at his desk, pensively. He gasped as he snapped his fingers. "That's it!" he exclaimed.

The inspector glides over to the filing cabinet and takes out a milla folder with a capital-lettered label that reads, "Mission: Inca Necklace!" then begins scrolling through pages like a speedy cheetah. The group huddled over him, curious. "There!" he said, before laying the folder flat on his desk.

"I'm pretty sure by the grace of Stilton Cheese will be able to accomplish this in no time! Trust me, I've been planning this pursuit for two months, I think we'll be able to use this as our first course of action!" "I hate to interfere with your plan, but how do you think we will rescue Pam?"

"Well it's most simple really," answered Ratilio, proudly. "This will surely catch these clumsy-rats off guard when I explain it to you! Now listen very carefully..."