The Secret In Checkers

Ratilio dug through his drawers before snatching out a box of checkers and laying them on the center of his desk

Ratilio dug through his drawers before snatching out a box of checkers and laying them on the center of his desk. "It's like a game of checkers, see?" He opens the box and starts to lay them out one at a time.

"The objective of the game is to capture all of your opponent's pieces and involves lots of strategies to initialize while playing!" Paulina, Pablo and Charlotte looked at one another in confusion. Pablo glanced at his brother and shrugged, "What in bloques de Stilton are you squeaking about?" he asked. "What does this have to do with rescuing that mousling?" "You'll see hermano mayor*, this plan is definitely going to work once you hear me through..."

With that, he had finished setting up the board. "The red checker pieces are us, and the black pieces are the bad guys," he observed, pointing at the pieces from both sides. "Like I stated before, the objective of the game is to capture all of your opponents through one sitting. It may take a lot of strategy, but we can use these kinds of strategies to outsmart our main enemy!" "Holy cheese mufflers!" exclaimed Charlotte. "That seems to be hard!" "It can't just be by chance," Paulina observed.

"Those rodents can't leave anything else to chance." Ratilio nodded. "Just like that! But with a little slight turn behind each move." Ratilio's words had created a powerful image inside everyone's head: The Necklace Snatcher and Inspector Ratilio locked in a checkers match! With Ratilio winning the game after making a couple of unexpected moves and captures. He was too busy thinking to notice the mouselings anxious glances.

Suddenly, he lit up, snapping his fingers: "Excellent! A team surprise attack! That's just what we need!" Everyone looked at him, dumfounded. "What do you mean by 'surprise attack'?" Charlotte asked. "It's the same thing as chess, you move a piece, pretending to threaten your opponent when you're really opening the way for double of your more dangerous pieces," he explained. Pablo ruffled his brother's head, fondly. "I see where this is going, and I like it!" said Pablo, proudly.

The inspector continued, "While your enemy focuses on the immediate damage, they won't realize that you have initiated a fatal attack on another front! Meaning we will be able to pounce on them without them noticing that we're even around!" Paulina stepped forward. "Wait...I remember when my friends at one time formed a team codename after listening to Japanese Folklore! Why didn't I think of it before?" she squeaked as she smacked a paw onto her forehead, surprised that she hadn't thought about it sooner.

Charlotte began to squeak slowly, "So if we're following your train of thought, the plan is to catch the ratnappers so we can rescue our friend." "Precisely," Pablo agreed. "If we make a move now, we not only can rescue your friend but we can also steal back the necklace and have it set off for delivery, meaning it's a free course to attack!" "Easier than stealing cheddar pops from a mouseling," Ratilio said, shaking his snout. Then, he sprang to his paws, more ready than ever.

"Well, what are we all waiting for? We mustn't waste another minute! Let's go shake a tail!" "Just a moment," Pablo said. "We need to find a way to get there without being spotted, yes? Cause right after we have to travel to Cusco to deliver the necklace, why not find a map from somewhere and jot down some routes to take so that way, we're unnoticeable." Everyone agreed.

So everyone had rushed outside the office and got in the inspector's car with heads held high as they were about to get ready to start off their rescue mission with a plan about to become an unforgettable piece of success! Let the mission begin!