VI - SEND UP MY HEART TO YOU?

════════════════════════════════

CHAPTER VI . Send my heart up to you?

"Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see."

-Edgar Allan Poe

════════════════════════════════

PRESENT TIME, 3RD POV:

  YOU STOOD AT THE TOP OF THE ENDLESS STAIRCASES, seeing the four walking up.

   You didn't even look at Gojo in the eye but just waved at the rest as they walked up.

   "O-Oh, L/n, what are you doing here?" Riko breathed out as the restlessly breathing from exhaustion.

    "I'm here to bring you to Master Tengen." You said simply.

    Gojo himself didn't even look at you in the eye. Looks like the conversation you two had did something.

   "No more babysitting..." Gojo said half seriously as Riko glared at him.

   "Come on, Riko." You smiled as you turned around to walked towards the school but stopped.

   You turned around to see a katana stabbed in Gojo's stomach area.

    "Do...Do i know you..." Gojo smirk slightly as sweat started forming across his forhead.

   The man who stabbed him had a scar on his mouth and black hair as he chuckled, "Don't sweat it. I'm also not to type to remember a guy's face."

   Your eyes widen as the rest did too, paused on their tracts. Why did this man looked familiar. wait, the bigger question was, why didn't he have any curse energy?

   "I thought I'd wait until you were worn down before striking." He admitted.

"Satoru!" Geto quickly sprung into action, using one of his largest manipulated cursed spirits to devour the male wholly.

    "Gojo..." You took a step towards him as worried filled your head as Gojo was on my knee, holding his bleeding area.

   "I'm ok." He looked at you in the eye, "You guys get Riko to Tengen. I'll hold him off."

    Geto looked worried for his partner, the urgent look on his face being a tell-tale sign. "Don't let your guard down." He said, before taking off with the rest of the group.

   "Who do you think I am?" His confident smile appeared as if he's already going to win.

   "I'll stay with you." You said immediately, taking a knife out of your pocket.

   You were good in close combat as you just needed a knife most of the time. You were trained in other curse weapons but you felt most comfortable with a knife.

    "No, out of everybody, you go too." Gojo said seriously

   "You need my curse technique for this." You said as the man with the scar slashes Geto's curse apart easily.

    You and Gojo looked at the man as the man smirked, glancing at you, "Oh, hey, Y/n..."

    Your eyes widen as Gojo looked at you in shock. "How the fuck do you know me?"

   "Seriously? We met a year ago." The man smirk as the scoffed.

   What the fuck. You paused for a second to try to even remembering encounting someone like him.

    "Don't mind her. She's very bad at remembering." Gojo smirk as you glared at you, then facing the man

   "Oh, fuck, what was your name...Erm....Toji?" You gave a looked of suspect.

    "Correct." Toji smirk as he looked at Gojo.

   "How the fuck do you know this guy?" Gojo asked giving you a suspicious look.

    "Gambling ring- forget it." You said shrugged.

   "Anyway, where's the vessel?" He asked, bored "I was hoping to kill you with that strike, but i guess situations are unpredictable."

   "Riko's bounty has been lifted, you moron." Gojo said, smirking up at the man who had just attempted to take his life.

"Yeah, that's 'cuz I took it down, Mr. Hotshot. " Toji scoffed as he point his katana at you, "Y/n, since you and I get along, i'll spare you're life. Just walked away." "We barely know each other and besides, it'll be fun to fight you." You said, not bothered.

    "Don't cry if i hurt you." Toji smirk grew widely.

    In a blink of an eye, he charged at you, his katana high up, ready to strike you. Your eyes widen as you bodge the attack, holding tight on your knife.

    You plan was simple. To hold Toji down for a few second and rumor him .

    You strike the knife at his vital area but fuck god as he dodged, grabbing your arm as he threw as you harshly at Gojo's direction.

   Gojo caught you as you glared at Toji, angered.

   "Y/n, please leave." Gojo glared at you, "Just go to Riko and Geto. I don't need help."

    You glared back at Gojo, knowing at you only can fight when it comes to short distance, which was what Toji was very specialize in.

   In short, you can't beat Toji and short distance so you're only useful if Gojo can pin him down and you rumor him.

   "Fine. Just don't die" You muttered the last part as Gojo smiled at you.

   "Of course I won't." 

   You ran towards the rest, catching up with the other three with ease. the group headed deep into the underground corridors of Jujutsu High, into the depths of Tengen's residency.

   As the heartbreaking goodbye between Riko and Kuroi was made, the three of you headed deeper as Kuroi stayed behind.

   We stopped at the point where you and Geto couldn't go any further. 

   You looked at Riko, clenching your fist, "Alternatively...You can go home with Kuroi."

   Riko's eyes widen as she looked at you as Geto looked down, nodding.

   "When I had this mission, my teacher told me that I should be guilty of what i was doing." You said simply, "I am. So I don't care what pushiment I'm going to have. If you want to leave, leave."

   Riko's eyes watered, "I can't do that to you."

   "You can. the guilt's killing me either way." You forced a smile.

   "No matter what you choose, we promised to protect your future." Geto smiled at Riko.

   "I ... I want to stay with everyone! I want to go out and see and do more things with everyone..." She cried out, the tears spilling from her face.

The display of emotion played on your empathetic heart strings, almost reducing you to tears. God.

    "Let's go home, Riko." Geto held his head out, waiting for her to take it.

    Bang.

════════════════════════════════