one.

Aurelia Keene, Caitlin Foord and Steph Catley were the last three Matildas to arrive back in Australia for pre-training before the FIFA World Cup was to begin, taking place on their own home soil. Australia.

The Arsenal trio walked through the doors of the training ground, they had landed early in the morning, and when they arrived at the hotel rooms, everyone was already at the Wednesdays training session. Leaving the three to find their rooms, where, as per usual, they would be sharing with someone throughout the entire camp, and as Aurelia walked into her room, saying her goodbyes to her two teammates. She immediately noticed the bright pink football boots sitting on the bed. In all the nine years the pair had played together for Australia, Sam Kerr and Aurelia Keene had only shared a hotel room once before. Aurelia was happy knowing she was rooming with her captain, she quite liked the presence of the Chelsea player.

When she changed out of her airport outfit and into her Matildas training wear, she heard the loud knocks of her arsenal teammates at the door. Caitlin and Steph telling her to hurry up. Aurelia laughed quietly at their inpatience, digging through her suitcase for her shoes. She huffed, not being able to find them in time for Caitlin and Stephs next yells.

Aurelia walked over to the door. Opening it up, the two looked at her. "You've got to wear shoes babe" Steph raises her eyebrows.

Aurelia rolled her eyes "I would love to, and I would really appreciate if you guys gave me a moment to find them."

"We have to go!" Caitlin cried out "Tony says if we're any later than we're gonna be in the ice bath! I don't wanna be in the ice bath Rory!"

"And you think i do?" Aurelia laughed "Please help me find my shoes"

"No time — are those Sam's?" Steph questioned, pointing at the pink football boots sitting on one of the beds. Aurelia nodded. Steph smiled "great. Wear them, you're the same height, should be the same shoe size, and let's fucking go suprise these bitches that we're back three days earlier."

Aurelia sighed. Quickly grabbing Sam's shoes, and her training bag. She locked her hotel door "if Sam ends up murdering me for wearing her extra pair, I'm going to haunt you for the rest of your life, and I'll ruin your representation. Imagine your trying to kick a goal and a ghost kicks it out of the way."

Steph rolls her eyes, wrapping a arm around the youngest. She pulled her down the hallway, Caitlin to the side of her. "Oh no! Please don't haunt us Rory boo. We didn't mean for Sam to kill you!" Steph sarcastically pleads.

Aurelia pushed her away "You're a bitch."

"Love you Rory boo"

────────────────────────────────

Caitlin's hand grasped the doors to the outside field of the training centre. The three shot one last look at each other before making themselves known to the rest of the team. "Guess who's back bitches!" Steph yells, throwing her arms up in the air "You're favourite!"

"Oh Steph! You shouldn't have" Aurelia places a hand on her heart "I knew I was your favourite"

Steph sends her a playful glare, pushing her back. "I hope Sam kills you"

"Rory!" Kyra screams. Jumping up and down in the air before running at the older girl. Tackling her in a massive bear hug "oh my god, I missed you so much kiddo. It's been so boring with the rest of these old people."

"I'm older than you" Aurelia reminds her.

"You don't look a day over eighteen" Kyra smiles. Pulling away from their hug, she snaps her head towards Steph "you touch my child ever again, and I'll end your life."