six.

On a Sunday evening, the zoo was the last place Sam expected to find herself at. But nevertheless trailed the tanned curly haired like a lost puppy as Aurelia looked at all the animals, over, and over again.

"Hey— this one looks just like Caitlin!" Aurelia pointed at the baboon through the glass.

"I'm telling her you said that" Sam threatened to snitch, taking a photo of the animal. She sent it to Caitlin with a message

'Rory says it looks like you ☺️😂❤️'

Aurelia rolled her eyes at the message "you text like a millennial" she pointed out.

Sam furrowed her dark brows together "I am a millennial?" Her words came out more as a question. "And so are you."

"No —" Aurelia stopped her "don't you ever compare me to you oldies. I was born in 1997, meaning im considered a Gen Z."

"1996. Stop trying to gaslight yourself" Sam corrected.

Rory rolled her eyes, knowing she was right. She continued on, leaving the baboon inclosure, as she left the small tunnel, she watched a rat run into the bushes "Sam! How did you get there?" She spoke in the direction of the rat.

"Fuck you" Sam came up from behind her, giving her a slight push to the back. "You're a horrible person"

Aurelia sent her a cheesy smile, linking their arms together, she dragged Sam down the path "come on Sammy, you love me."

"Totally" Sam sarcastically spoke "its not like you didn't drag me here, tried to convince me to jump into the hippo lake, tried to push me into the lions den, tried to start a cult with the penguins to make some black magic type shit against me and then compared me to a rat."

"I would never do any of those things" Aurelia gasped "I love you Sam, I want you to be safe and loved more than anyone. Don't make up these silly little lies, they can give you more wrinkles."

"I hate you" Sam announced, unlinking their arms, she pushed Aurelia away.

"You love me" Rory fought "if you hated me, I'm sure I would be in a rhinos belly right now."

"Good idea" Sam smiled "thanks for that. Still hate you though."

"Would you hate me if I brought us to the elephant cafe where we can sit and watch the elephants do elephant things while enjoying a nice lunch?" Rory questioned

"It sounds like you're asking me on a date" Sam crossed her arms "Aurelia if you're interested in me, just say."

"If it's a date, you better be paying" Aurelia twirled her hair around her finger as they walked in the direction of the cafe.

"I payed for us to get in" Sam reminded her "sixty three dollars! To go to the zoo!"

"I'm joking Sam, no need to stress. It's only gonna show on your skin" Aurelia replied.

"Okay. That's it. I'm done with you — you're going to the fucking rhinos" Sam snuck up behind her, wrapping her arms around Aurelia's waist, she picked the taller girl up.

A loud laugh escaped through Aurelia's lips "Sam put me down, you can't be lifting heavy weights, it could create muscle cramps and malfunctions."

"You're not even that heavy. You've got no muscle on you mate" Sam replied.

"What do you mean?" Aurelia cried out "have you seen my guns?" She lifted up her arms as Sam place her back on the floor. "Look how big they are!"

"All I'm seeing is a twig and an ant"

"Sam we've talked about your eyesight! I'm telling you, at your age, you need glasses" Aurelia exclaimed.

"At my age? I'm three years older than you" Sam reminded her "oh my god— Rory is that a grey hair poking through?"

Aurelia rolled her eyes "Yeah, yeah. I get it, im reaching mid-age, no need to remind me, grandma."

────────────────────────────────

The two girls sat in the cafe, Sam had a Parma and chips in front of her while Aurelia had a kids Mac and cheese.

"Are you gonna take the Chelsea offer?" Sam questioned.

Aurelia hummed, shifting her gaze from the elephants rooming outside the window to the girl sitting in front of her "a change would be nice. but I'll miss the girls."

Sam nodded her head "I'm 100 percent positive you'll be invited into the warm hands of Chelsea if you agree, most the girls love you, Millie especially"

"Sammy bear, do you tell your teammates about me?" Aurelia teased with a smile, she couldn't fight her heart pounding against her chest.

"How could I not? You're my favourite person on the Matildas" And overall. Sam replied "don't tell the others."

"Whoops. Should've told me that sooner" Aurelia giggled. Holding her phone up. She showed Sam the text she sent to a Tillies groupchat.

Sam squinted her eyes "how is Steph, Caitlin, Macca, Charli, Kyra, Alannah, Courtney, Cortnee, Alex, Hayley, Mary, Clare, Ellie and Teagan in the chat but I'm not."

Aurelia rolled her eyes "read the name."

'No one over 30 🙅‍♀️👵🚫'

Sam lifted a dark brow "last I checked in twenty nine."

Aurelia shrugged "close enough. Don't blame me, Macca make the group."

Sam crossed her arms, falling back into her chair "fake ass bitches. Making a groupchat without me."

"You have a over 30s one you convinced Mini to let you into!" Aurelia exclaimed. It was true, she found it on Sam's phone months ago, it had everyone who was thirty onward except for Sam, who was still twenty nine.

────────────────────────────────

"You should get a tattoo with an A24, just for me" Aurelia spoke up during their car ride back from the zoo. "Oh! Can I tattoo it?"

"Don't love you that much" Sam chuckled "get a S20 for me and I'll consider it."

"Nope" Aurelia shook her head quickly "not wasting my first tattoo on you."

"Oh?" Sam laughed again "guess I better turn Taylor off the radio."

Aurelia glared "touch Taylor and I'll tattoo my name on your forehead."

"You act like I wouldn't like that" Sam teased "Aurelia Stella Keene, written in black ink."

"So you're open to getting my name tattooed on your face?" Aurelia questioned.

Sam shook her head "I'd run myself dead before I ever thought of doing that."

────────────────────────────────

Short little filler chapter cause I love them