𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

The next morning, Amil was getting ready for work. Sighing, she got out of her bed and entered her bathroom. The cold marble floor hit her feet making her wince a little. Her night with Meech had an awkward ending. Per usual she played it cool as if she didn't care. He didn't know she had overheard the conversation he had with who she assumed to be his ex. Besides they weren't official, together, or anything like that.

While brushing her teeth and doing her skin care routine, she decided to check her phone. She had some messages from a lot of people.

Grandma💐
I hope you, Sade, and Corey making plans this weekend to come down for the reunion 😘.
-Delivered @5:48 am.

Demetrius
good morning, have a good day at work. I wanna pop by on yo lunch if I can?
-Delivered @6:47 am.

Sade 💟
girl, we going out to get shit for this reunion when u get off. Grandma blowing me up. 🤣
-Delivered @7:01 am

Mom
Will you be attending this years reunion Amil Nicole? It's been 8 years since we last seen eachother. I miss my daughter....
-Delivered @7:02 am

Shaking her head she deleted her mother's message. She and her mother were never close. Amil felt like her mother would rather have chased behind a man than be a mother to her. She felt abandoned by her mother. She lived with her grandparents since the age of 5 and they gave her the life she wanted with her mother.

Snapping out of her thoughts, she replied to Sade and her grandmother. While applying moisturizer and picking out a new scrub. She just liked Meech's message.

...

Amil had arrived at Ford Hospital. Detroit was getting colder and colder it seemed like. She decided to wear a long sleeve Nike Dri-fit under her scrub. It seemed pretty busy today so, quickly clocked in at her nurses station.

"Good Morning Nurse Washington." Dr.Cruz greeted her while walking up to her with a clipboard.

While washing her hands, he turned to look him. "Hey Cruz." She shot him a small smile and dried her hands.

"Can I talk to you in the hall really quick?" He asked her, but he seemed slightly nervous.

"Yeah sure." She grabbed a set of gloves and followed him in to the hall.

"Okay well.. you know I just finished my residency a minute ago and I just need a little guidance when working on this floor. I don't really wanna admit that to the head doctor cause you know." He scratched the back of his neck. Cruz was new to the hospital and wanted a friend, really a helping hand.

"I understand, it's gonna take some time to really get the hang of it. From what I see, you got it down packed, just stop being nervous." She looked up at him. Cruz was a fine, tall, Hispanic man. He had a soft bed of curls and he favored Jay critch.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." He smiled while looking down at her. Cruz always approached Amil and checked on her, making sure she was having a good day.

"Of course, now let me start making my rounds. If you need anything just page me Cruz." She grabbed her cart and rolled around him. She could feel eyes burning into the back of her. She laughed a little and shook her head.