Chapter 1

(I apologize in advance if there are any mistakes, English is not my native language)

Fallon's POV.
At the gala.

Blake - Good evening, I'm sorry to bother you while you're having so much fun, I promise I will be brief, relatively. First, I wanna thank Sam and Michael, and La Mirage for hosting us and for sharing this club's reopening with my compaign. It's a big night for everyone. I wanna thank you all for coming out. A vote for my opponent is a vote for the same old politics you already know. Now I've been all over this great state over the last few months, and I have visited with..

I paid no attention to the rest of my father's speech, too deep in thought to even hear a sound.

What am I thinking about? To Liam, to our failing marriage... If he could just listen to me and believe me, how can he trust Eva more than me, his wife?

Well, tonight is about my dad, I have to try to stop thinking about Liam and focus on this boring speech.

Blake - ...stronger than ever and I say that starts right here in Atlanta, and as your senator, I will work day and night to deliver that promise, it is high time that Georgians have someone in their corner to fight for a better deal. Thank you for your support. Enjoy the evening.

The confetti cannons exploded, dropping confetti of all colors into the room while the audience applauded, I followed the rhythms and clapped in turn, joining the others.

A gunshot was heard, the crowd got agitated and started running in all directions, Blake and Cristal looked around the room to see where the noise was coming from while Sam and Kirby left the stage in panic.

I, however, didn't dare move, feeling a sharp pain in my lower stomach. I saw Beto, Cristal's brother, at the back of the room, holding a gun, so I understood what was happening.

I place my hands on my lower stomach to feel a warm and sticky liquid there, I look down and see my white dress stained with red.

I closed my eyes, and opened them a few seconds later on the ground as I collapsed.

But why me? Why did he target me?

Liam's POV.
In one of the La Mirage's rooms.

I'm in my hotel room with Eva, she came in an hour ago after arguing with Fallon, and knowing my wife's character, it must have been a violent argument, so I let her in.

After our last conversation, I didn't hear from Fallon again. Finally, she tried to call me, a hundred times, but I never answered. I don't think I can forgive him for the cheating.

I was talking with Eva when I heard a gunshot coming from the main hall where the party was located in honor of Blake and his campaign to become senator.

Finding it strange, I got up and prepared to leave the room I was in.

Eva - Where are you going ?

Liam - I heard a gunshot downstairs, we're in a hotel so we're not supposed to hear that kind of noise.

Eva - There was no shooting.

Liam - Didn't you hear a loud noise?

Eva - Yes, but not a shot, it must be work, I saw that they were starting something in the restaurant just now.

Liam - It can't be that, there's Blake's party nearby.

Eva - Blake ?

Liam - Fallon's dad, forget it.

Eva - Come back and sit down, I'm sure it's nothing.

Liam - I have a bad feeling, I think something happened.

Eva - Don't worry, come back and sit down and continue the story you were telling me.

Liam - Okay.

I return to sit next to her and continue my story.

Fallon's POV.

Everyone rushed towards me. Adam was pressing on my wound to try to stop the bleeding, Blake was calling an ambulance, Cristal, Amanda, Kirby and Sam were looking at me in shock.

I looked between Kirby and Sam, to see the back of the room, where I could see 2 police officers arresting Beto.

My gaze shifted to the ceiling, then to each member of my family, and back to the ceiling. I can't keep my gaze fixed on anything.

I raised my head a little, but Adam stopped me and told me not to move, because it might make my injury worse.

I place my head on the ground, and slowly close my eyes, before losing myself completely.